2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good in the second half. He must start to produce that level of performance on a consistent basis if he is to ever live up to his hefty price tag.

Best game to date against Norwich... Not sure if that's a good thing or worryingly expensive bad thing. On balance still not convinced by his footballing abilities to be creative. Has some nice tricks but meh.

In the first half it loked to me as if he was asked to replicate the role he played on Sunday against Liverpool and did so quite well again.

I think the manager realised in the first half that Norwich were never going to be an attacking threat and with Iwobi playing such a defensive role Everton were not much better.
I believe he took the shackles off Iwobi and gave him more freedom to attack.

I also believe that going forward Everton will not be a gung ho free scoring team winning high scoring matches by the odd goal.

I believe we will see a tight well organised team who concede very little but maybe do not score a huge amount either.
But then, 38 goals could win you the Premiership with a perfect record.

In the first half it loked to me as if he was asked to replicate the role he played on Sunday against Liverpool and did so quite well again.

I think the manager realised in the first half that Norwich were never going to be an attacking threat and with Iwobi playing such a defensive role Everton were not much better.

I also believe that going forward Everton will not be a gung ho free scoring team winning high scoring matches by the odd goal.

I believe we will see a tight well organised team who concede very little but maybe do not score a huge amount either.

that will do me!

Only good thing about Iwobi is his crosses are better than Coleman's. That ain't a compliment though.

He was average second half, yet some people are making out he was good ............ really?

Because the bar is set so low now that a pretty much average perfomance, he did ok nothing more, against the side bottom of the table is seen by some as improvement.
This is not a dig at iwobi but a general point about opinions on our current squad.
Anyone who thinks he is good enough to take us to any sort of level we would like to be is one of those forum posters who bury their head in the sand and think after any win we shouldnt look at the bigger picture.
If we want mid table mediocrity then carry on with your iwobis. But he's not alone. Schnederlin going has gave me hope we'll eventualy undo the awful overpriced signings we've made in past few seasons.
We MUST strive for better than this.

Maybe, however, to date we've not seen anything from him even with Silva at the helm...

I've had enough of the entertainment thing that was all trendy which incidentally got Silva appointed... Winning matches is good. But in the context of our season it was ok team performance.

If his position is number 10 and Ancelotti likes a 442 with attacking from flanks, don't see him as the long term. Unless he regresses from his no 10 outbursts and does a job on the wing.

Maybe, however, to date we've not seen anything from him even with Silva at the helm...

I've had enough of the entertainment thing that was all trendy which incidentally got Silva appointed... Winning matches is good. But in the context of our season it was ok team performance.

If his position is number 10 and Ancelotti likes a 442 with attacking from flanks, don't see him as the long term. Unless he regresses from his no 10 outbursts and does a job on the wing.
You can only play against the opposition in front of you.
He was arguably motm last night against poor opposition but was also excellent against Liverpool albeit playing a totally different type of game.

The problem with Iwobi has always been that he has never seemed to deliver on the talent that most people feels that he has. He has been underperforming and only sometimes showing glimpses of what he is capable of.

He is at an age now where he delivers on that ability or stays an average player for his career. He now has the perfect manager to help him improve both consistency and performance.

Think the reason the lad looked better was that Farke and Norwich just said to themselves "forget about iwobbly second half, he'll tackle himself!"

Defo not good enough for us imo, but as always, I live in hope that I will be proven wrong.

Arsenal crying out for the return of the Wobz

Seriously though, I do hope Ancelotti persists with him. Definitely a player in there and although he’s undoubtedly best suited to the centre I hope he can further develop to fit into Ancelotti’s system on the flanks. Although I would potentially like to see him as one of the two up top, dropping deeper to give us a bit more life down the middle, in more of a 4411 then a 442.

Arsenal crying out for the return of the Wobz

Seriously though, I do hope Ancelotti persists with him. Definitely a player in there and although he’s undoubtedly best suited to the centre I hope he can further develop to fit into Ancelotti’s system on the flanks. Although I would potentially like to see him as one of the two up top, dropping deeper to give us a bit more life down the middle, in more of a 4411 then a 442.

I was going to post this. Yeah all the Arsenal fans who thought he brought nothing are now watching games where the ball never even gets to Aubameyang.

Status
Not open for further replies.