2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice try, anything I select will be dismissed by you, that's how you roll. If it doesn't line up with your opinion it is lacking in merit. Come to think of it, that's how your president operates, do you live in a big white house and have all the best words?
That's not true at all. If you actually tried to present some kind of side I might find it agreeable. Probably not on Bernard, as we're very far apart on that, but I'm right on the edge with Iwobi, you aren't going to believe me, but I really do think another start or two under Carlo of nothing will be a real bad sign.

Sam Allardyce is the most successful manager in England national team footballing history with a 100% win rate. That's a stat. Is the fat, gravy swilling, pint of wine downing, dirge ball enthusiast England's greatest ever manager? Of course not, stats are bald evidence that require analysis and interpretation like all evidence, in every discipline.
Ridiculous analogy. No one looks at stats in isolation.

*refreshes page so content goes back onto ignore*

Just the four posts on Iwobi on the previous page now, cracking

I alone made 5 on the last page i can see... #Zatception

I think Ancelotti will be able to mould Iwobi. I think hes a bit of a 'rough diamond' who will be turned into a very good squad player for us.

I alone made 5 on the last page i can see... #Zatception

I think Ancelotti will be able to mould Iwobi. I think hes a bit of a 'rough diamond' who will be turned into a very good squad player for us.

....Iwobi takes the ball on the spin and covers ground. He can also pick a pass. It’s why I think he’ll be seen to greater effect in central positions. Brands seems to like ball carrying midfielders and I think that was the attraction with Iwobi.

Be interesting if he features tonight.

....Iwobi takes the ball on the spin and covers ground. He can also pick a pass. It’s why I think he’ll be seen to greater effect in central positions. Brands seems to like ball carrying midfielders and I think that was the attraction with Iwobi.

Be interesting if he features tonight.

We all know Iwobi is capable of doing these things but the problem stems from the fact he does them so rarely. We´re trying to get into the top 4 and win trophies, I just can´t see Iwobi being your man to start 30+ games a season in the number 10 role if we´re trying to do that.

For me he´s a squad player and even then I wonder about whether he has enough impact for that.

The lad was phenomenal this game playing up the middle. Assertive, calm, and creative. If he would just quit putting his hands on his head after he shoots every time expecting it to go in, he might have had a follow up opportunity 1 or two times. We need more of this IWOBI. Wouldnt mind playing more of a 4-1-2-1-2 to let him shine.

I may live to regret this but I am glad he has retained his place in the starting lineup. I thought he done the job that Carlo asked him to do.
I would also have liked to see Kean starting up front with Richarlison dropping back if Anthony Gordon was going to be out of the team. If Kean is to be kept we need to know what he can or can’t do. This would be a good game to try him again and I would like to see us going for a win.
I hope Carlo doesn’t read this post or he will be pestering me to go over there and help him sort it all out, I can’t afford the time off work what with COVID 19 and all.

Truthfully, what does he do? Can anyone say? For someone with as many international caps and appearances for Arsenal, he’s pretty technically/tactically deficient. At least at the start of the season, you could highlight his penetrating runs through midfield as a real skill. He can’t even pass a football right now. We need a RW/RM so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.