2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's the occasional groan then yes that is part & parcel of the game totally except that...

But to get Boos every time you touch the ball or come on as sub or go off after being substituted can not help your game...

Why boo your own players...

It's fun, effective and cathartic

He just runs around a lot.
Maybe next year, not even as average as Mirralas.
Wasted money so far.
Hope he surprises us all next season.

I think most of the people who talk about stats on here aren't doing it in a way nearly as daft as your example tbf.
I'm not sure you do chief. You form an opinion and then go hunting for the stats that suit your point then, when challenged with other stats, describe them as "low level" (goals and assists were described as such when you were defending Iwobi previously - I'd vault you but I cba) because they don't suit your agenda. So you might be right about "most of the people" but you aren't most people, are you?

I'm not sure you do chief. You form an opinion and then go hunting for the stats that suit your point then, when challenged with other stats, describe them as "low level" (goals and assists were described as such when you were defending Iwobi previously - I'd vault you but I cba) because they don't suit your agenda. So you might be right about "most of the people" but you aren't most people, are you?
Saying Bernard scored more goals so he's always going to score more goals is indeed a low level use of statistics. It's like the most basic wrong way to use them. That's all I was trying to say before and I stand by it.

Saying Bernard scored more goals so he's always going to score more goals is indeed a low level use of statistics. It's like the most basic wrong way to use them. That's all I was trying to say before and I stand by it.
There you go again, deliberately misusing stats. You are stating, not suggesting or inferring, that I used the stat that Bernard outscoring Iwobi was some sort of predictive parameter when you already know that that is not what I did. You are doing precisely what I said you did, which is presenting some data in a distorted manner to support your own agenda. What you do is politics, you dress it up as science, but it's not. You wouldn't last five minutes under peer review.

There you go again, deliberately misusing stats. You are stating, not suggesting or inferring, that I used the stat that Bernard outscoring Iwobi was some sort of predictive parameter when you already know that that is not what I did. You are doing precisely what I said you did, which is presenting some data in a distorted manner to support your own agenda. What you do is politics, you dress it up as science, but it's not. You wouldn't last five minutes under peer review.
I don't remember what you did to be quite honest. But I do find it interesting that I'm accused of bad faith by someone who dismisses something outright despite any evidence.

I don't remember what you did to be quite honest. But I do find it interesting that I'm accused of bad faith by someone who dismisses something outright despite any evidence.
Really, what is it precisely that I am dismissing? If we are, once again, talking about the abilities of Alex Iwobi then I have 119 premier league games worth of evidence. You on the other hand, dismiss Bernard on the basis of 50 premier league games and, as was pointed out by @MarcelsGoat, had dismissed him after 3 months and a handful of games. So, yes, I accuse you of bad faith, poor use of statistical data and we can now add self-righteous hypocrisy to my list. J'accuse!

Thought he did a job on Sunday but it was defensive and tactical. He was asked to focus on helping Seamus, not the attack. Hopefully he starts tomorrow and performs. Because If he doesn’t shine at Norwich it will be a very glaring sign.

Really, what is it precisely that I am dismissing? If we are, once again, talking about the abilities of Alex Iwobi then I have 119 premier league games worth of evidence. You on the other hand, dismiss Bernard on the basis of 50 premier league games and, as was pointed out by @MarcelsGoat, had dismissed him after 3 months and a handful of games. So, yes, I accuse you of bad faith, poor use of statistical data and we can now add self-righteous hypocrisy to my list. J'accuse!
Yeah what were you dismissing...

Sam Allardyce is the most successful manager in England national team footballing history with a 100% win rate. That's a stat. Is the fat, gravy swilling, pint of wine downing, dirge ball enthusiast England's greatest ever manager? Of course not, stats are bald evidence that require analysis and interpretation like all evidence, in every discipline.

Yeah what were you dismissing...
Read the last sentence of what I said. That doesn't suit your narrative, though. This is what you do in every thread. You take the bits of what people say that, when taken out of context or deliberately twisted, suit your agenda and ignore the rest of it. You're a spammer. I use stats every single day in my work and the only thing worse than no stats is bad stats. If bad stats were a human being they would have large reptilian quality to them.

Read the last sentence of what I said. That doesn't suit your narrative, though. This is what you do in every thread. You take the bits of what people say that, when taken out of context or deliberately twisted, suit your agenda and ignore the rest of it. You're a spammer. I use stats every single day in my work and the only thing worse than no stats is bad stats. If bad stats were a human being they would have large reptilian quality to them.
So stats require analysis and anytime someone does that you have a go for something. No one can really win with you can they? I'm good with not trying anymore. Keep rolling with that eye test mate.

So stats require analysis and anytime someone does that you have a go for something. No one can really win with you can they? I'm good with not trying anymore. Keep rolling with that eye test mate.
Here's the thing, anytime anyone dissects your "analysis" you get all prickly, whilst at the same time you have a pop at people across multiple threads every night for the exact thing you are grievously wounded by. Like I said before, the only logical explanation is that you are spamming the forum for your own gratification.
Anyway, back on topic. Iwobi is mince.

Here's the thing, anytime anyone dissects your "analysis" you get all prickly, whilst at the same time you have a pop at people across multiple threads every night for the exact thing you are grievously wounded by. Like I said before, the only logical explanation is that you are spamming the forum for your own gratification.
Anyway, back on topic. Iwobi is mince.
Mate please point me in the direction of a single time you did anything more than call me wrong. If you ever really did engage in some kind of good faith discussion I'm having a tough time remembering it. Mostly it's just the dissection. I'm running out of body parts for you to pick at.

Mate please point me in the direction of a single time you did anything more than call me wrong. If you ever really did engage in some kind of good faith discussion I'm having a tough time remembering it. Mostly it's just the dissection. I'm running out of body parts for you to pick at.
Nice try, anything I select will be dismissed by you, that's how you roll. If it doesn't line up with your opinion it is lacking in merit. Come to think of it, that's how your president operates, do you live in a big white house and have all the best words?

Status
Not open for further replies.