2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't really a game where he was going to be able to do anything in an attacking sense. But he did his job down the right.
The reaction is mental. Given a job and just did it, was just too conservative in regard to going forward but positionally very good and helped to prevent them penetrating down the flank - which is what they’re all about.

Walked past a massive dog dump earlier on the pavement.

It was massive and absolutely reeked to the point where it turned my stomach and I almost gagged.

I honestly believe this rancid pile of canine feces would offer more, much more, to Everton Football Club than Iowbi does.

Not a right winger but given that Coleman was man of the match shows just how much Iwobi supported and helped out to stop that threat from the wings.

He did his job but no one in our midfield hardly pass through them.

His best games have come from the left or centre midfield so perhaps let's think about that before we just want to vent.

I thought we would struggle to sign a worse wide man than Bolasie, but here we are.
I'm sure there'll be a few "but he isn't a winger" shouts.

A. That shouldn't stop him showing the basics of a professional footballer.
B. Laughable to think of us building a team around him in the no.10 position.

Don't you just know that if the chance Davies had gone to them it would have come off the post hit everyone on the pitch including the ref and gone in.

It was quite clear what his instructions were today and he did them. Don’t know what much else there is to say besides the over the top criticism of his performance is just a bit blinkered and naive.

Put a shift in and stuck to the tactics he was given.
Offerd nothing much going forward but suppressed there wide players.
Yeah think the manager will be fairly happy with his performance to be honest. Did what was required. Still think he’s bang average though

Been drilled to do a defensive job today carnt judge too much. See if he improves next season hes only a young lad you never know

The reaction is mental. Given a job and just did it, was just too conservative in regard to going forward but positionally very good and helped to prevent them penetrating down the flank - which is what they’re all about.
I agree with that. But he just doesn't seem to be able to read the game at times. No anticipation to where the ball might go.

Status
Not open for further replies.