2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s West Ham’s midfield 4 behind a front 2 of Antonio and that oaf Haller. Granted, it’s hardly set in stone as it changes every week.

As a west ham fan I can assure we are far from “decent”!
But Bowen is a right winger who cuts in on his left, so Iwobi isn't that and that really isn't someone he competes with as such, and he isn't playing where Rice or Soucek play. At a push you can make an argument he competes with Fornals on the left although I think many around here would tell you Iwobi isn't really a LM which is why we are struggling to get him to work in our 4-4-2.

I wasn’t buzzing with him in the first place to be honest. We needed a physical presence up there. It was a vanity signing IMO. (Sorry if that wasn’t the answer you were fishing for)

I know a man on here who was a BIG fan of all of your signings and former manager. It’s not for me to say who that man was, but his username was @Keiran

But Bowen is a right winger who cuts in on his left, so Iwobi isn't that and that really isn't someone he competes with as such, and he isn't playing where Rice or Soucek play. At a push you can make an argument he competes with Fornals on the left although I think many around here would tell you Iwobi isn't really a LM which is why we are struggling to get him to work in our 4-4-2.

To be fair, if he doesn’t fit in your 442 he probably wouldn’t fit in ours! He’d get plenty of game time with us once the injuries hit.

He’s a talented lad, just seems to be a bit inconsistent. Perhaps needs stability, Ancelotti might be able to provide that.

To be fair, if he doesn’t fit in your 442 he probably wouldn’t fit in ours! He’d get plenty of game time with us once the injuries hit.

He’s a talented lad, just seems to be a bit inconsistent. Perhaps needs stability, Ancelotti might be able to provide that.
I think he can play off the left, but not in every system, and 4-4-2 is not one that works.

IMO Rice is more than good enough. He’s still a youngster yet is near enough MOTM for west ham week in week out. That’s not saying much I suppose, but the kid is mustard.
He is to young to really judge at the moment,is he a midfield player or centre back ?
Looks more than decent to me , could do with a experienced player next to him(not Noble) to take a bit of pressure of him and let him learn the game.
Iwobi has played better for us in the middle for us than out wide , I havnt given up on him yet , being a decent player for us.

He is to young to really judge at the moment,is he a midfield player or centre back ?
Looks more than decent to me , could do with a experienced player next to him(not Noble) to take a bit of pressure of him and let him learn the game.
Iwobi has played better for us in the middle for us than out wide , I havnt given up on him yet , being a decent player for us.

For me, he seems like more of a holding midfielder than a centre back. He’s incredibly athletic which gets overlooked and he seems to prefer stepping out of defence towards the ball rather than holding his position. I’m hopeful Soucek is the right man to play next to him. I love Nobes but he looks like he’s running through treacle these days.

Fully agree with you on Iwobi, he seems like he’s got a bit of vision about him. He can offer more centrally. Him, Richarlison, DCL, Kean, they’ve all got their best years ahead of them, if Ancelotti can develop them that’s a pacey front 4 with goals in it.

For me, he seems like more of a holding midfielder than a centre back. He’s incredibly athletic which gets overlooked and he seems to prefer stepping out of defence towards the ball rather than holding his position. I’m hopeful Soucek is the right man to play next to him. I love Nobes but he looks like he’s running through treacle these days.

Fully agree with you on Iwobi, he seems like he’s got a bit of vision about him. He can offer more centrally. Him, Richarlison, DCL, Kean, they’ve all got their best years ahead of them, if Ancelotti can develop them that’s a pacey front 4 with goals in it.
Is Soucek the Czech Xabi Alonso? That's the level of passer Rice needs. Even then he's hardly Kante, Gueye or Ndidi.

But Mark Noble is in the midfield, gets picked pretty much game after game doesn't he?

Makes Tom Davies look like Xavi.

When there are injuries he gets picked. So yeah most games. He either has a shocker or a stormer there’s no in between. The shockers are becoming more regular now though.

Is Soucek the Czech Xabi Alonso? That's the level of passer Rice needs. Even then he's hardly Kante, Gueye or Ndidi.

His passing is decent but he’s more of a box to box guy. Big lanky fella who doesn’t stop running. Best passer we’ve got is Fornals.

Status
Not open for further replies.