2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard a whisper that Iwobi loves being at Everton, because it is so laid back. No pressure to constantly win like there was at Arsenal*. Don't know if its true, but heard it from a reasonably reliable source.

*I do know that Arsenal have not been winning, it does not mean there is not constant pressure to win at almost any cost.

I'm getting concerned by the amount of Bilyaletdinov talk that I'm seeing about Iwobi.

He never played centrally at Arsenal, and has given the ball away too much when given the opportunity here.

I can't cope with watching players that don't have positions anymore.

I'm getting concerned by the amount of Bilyaletdinov talk that I'm seeing about Iwobi.

He never played centrally at Arsenal, and has given the ball away too much when given the opportunity here.

He has flaws, absolutely, but those flaws are very accentuated when he plays on the wing.

When he lays as a 10 his movement is brilliant, never stops running into spaces asking for the ball (unlike someone else I could mention). He also has an eye for a clever pass around the box.

He can't finish to save his life, doesn't have much of a trick to beat a man and gives the ball away a bit (although that last bit is mostly because he tends to try difficult stuff).

It's like watching two different players when he plays wide or in the middle

Don’t care what he did at Arsenal, while he’s been here he’s shown himself to be our most creative player by some distance when played through the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.