2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't really get the negativity towards Iwobi on here. I think he looks good when he plays, he offers something different in the centre and is certainly as good as if not better than our other wide players. Certainly at the weekend I think him coming on was pivitol, it was 1-1 when he came on for Walcott and we scored right after. I think he always looks to do something positive with the ball, either a forward pass, carrying the ball forward or getting a shot away
I think it's two things.
1. His price tag, if he was half the price I think he would be considered a bargain (which is why he wasn't half the price) but with big price tags come big expectations.
2. I think some people like to push back against hype and there are some very vocal Iwobi enthusiasts on here (as hyperbolically positive as some people are negative). That gets on some other posters nerves and that results in them taking an opposing, and equivalent, viewpoint.

FWIW, I think Iwobi has done well when in the team but has periods of ineffectiveness that he's going to have to reduce the frequency of if he is to become a properly top tier player. He also needs to be less wasteful in front of goal. He's young, so I'm hopeful he can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.