2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are crap because most of our players are not good enough.

Got nothing to do with social media posts or arrogance or ADHD or a lack of competition or whatever else some of us want to throw at the players. At the end of the day crap players result in crap results.

Agree. They're not. And seeing as its the iwobi thread lets just take him as example. Not good enough and yet we paid 30m for the honour of him showing it to us in a blue shirt. We may aswell have gone out and paid 5m for a willing joe bloggs who showed a bit of passion and ran around a bit more. I'll say the same in the sigurdsson thread. 50m for that one.
The horror list continues.

I feel like I missed something. Alex Iwobi of this season doesn't warrant about 20 pages in a single day...

Well those numbers will drop soon as it seems we cant say anything because he's black.
So its all over to the whitey thread of sigurdsson. Well at least until the protection of scandinavian fossils turn up threatening to sue.

You like VAR mate. Shows how far you need to come with attending football matches.
I'm an American and I don't live particularly close to an MLS team so attending matches isn't really on the cards. That said every sport I do attend has replay and it doesn't ruin the experience at all when used correctly. It's just the PL decided not to do that.

Not sure how it is relevant like but that is my two cents.

Wait so we have to learn all the stereotypes, think about them every time we see a non-white player and then judge him on thoose stereo types.... you ever heard of horseshoe theory mate, that sounds really [Poor language removed].
I'm not really sure what you're on about tbh.

It's not the first time you've hinted at people being racist and then scuttled off after a generalised statement about unconscious bias.

I don't need to read more than I already do but I'd suggest that you should, maybe, stop reading whatever drivel you're regurgitating on here on a regular basis because accusations of racism thrown around casually when totally unwarranted don't help anyone. Not a single person.
And honestly it won't be the last I'm sure.

In your case I think you need to do some serious evaluation if you think that bringing up biases is problematic in any sense. It isn't as bad as the racism that causes the biases, and if it is so problematic for you that it causes you to dismiss racial problems, well I'd guess you weren't too interested in taking them seriously to begin with.

Anyway this isn't the thread for this really, so I'll leave it now.

And honestly it won't be the last I'm sure.

In your case I think you need to do some serious evaluation if you think that bringing up biases is problematic in any sense. It isn't as bad as the racism that causes the biases, and if it is so problematic for you that it causes you to dismiss racial problems, well I'd guess you weren't too interested in taking them seriously to begin with.

Anyway this isn't the thread for this really, so I'll leave it now.

You're a weird little creature.

Riding in on multiple threads on your high horse making sweeping accusations of racism, failing to provide any example of actual racism in the thread and then hide behind the oh-so-easy unconscious bias line when challenged.

Most people don't like Iwobi because he's a very poor player.

Unfortunately, through no fault of his own, the club paid a lot of money for him and pay him a silly wage.

The vast majority of people who support the club are local, an area that's one of the most deprived in the country and has been hit harder than most with the current situation.

People have died, many jobs have been lost, many more are under threat and even relatively minor things like travel plans have been ruined.

To then see somebody who has significantly under performed on the pitch posting show-off style images of himself getting out of a car that costs more than several houses in the local area and climbing into a private jet to go and live it up for a couple of weeks... That doesn't sit right at all and, to me, shows absolutely no awareness of the things people have had to deal with.

That kind of behaviour has never sat well with most Evertonians and I don't believe it ever will.

Yes he's "earned" his money, yes he can spend it how he wants but let's not be so vulgar at a time of misery for many, especially when your performances have been at about a 2/10, you've had no impact on any game and actively bottle out of challenges.

All for more flashy photo's here, they quicker we trigger enough of these head fell off blues away from being interested any more, the quicker the fan mindset may evolve into something remotely positive, supportive and optimisitc.
Yeah, more players like Iwobi and less of the fans who put their hard earned money in to support the club.

Let’s hope we get fans like you less interested.

People on here look back fondly on teams gone by during the days it would rain hard cushions down from the Main Stand if the performance wasn’t what we expected. Now people like you wouldn’t dare to criticise a player.

When i say fight do you think im talking about wimbedon? Wrong with your 80s nonsense. Do you think man city dont fight to win every ball when not in possession? Look at that absolute shambles against wolves recently. Did you see any fight from our midfield? Any hunger to win the ball back? Any hunger to track runners? I never. And when we did have the ball you think the constant giving it away is talent? I thought davies was playing for wolves that day as he passed more to an orange shirt than he did a blue one.
When exactly can you call gutless not up for it performances exactly that. Christ even our manager came out after that and said our attitude was all wrong.
Stop defending the lack of fight.

Finished 12th with Iwobi offering nothing and most others having no desire to pass to our own team or tackle apparently.

I saw that the quality players we had tried and did their best, but we need better quality players all over the park.

Things can only get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.