2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely mate where does the good player thing come from? Not being an arsenal fan i never saw all his games but what i did see of him he was poor.
Just had a few years of watching schnederlin wondering what he actualy does. And we've just replaced like for like as far as i can see.
I really must have blinked and missed when he's been good.
Awful at everything is what i see.
I'm pretty certain he wasn't particularly good for arsenal. I actually remember a couple of their champions League games that he stood out because he was so bad. Such a weird signing

Says it all that I would snap your hand off to trade Iwobi for a pre injury Bolasie. That Bolasie was unpredictable. We over paid for him but he could occasionally fashion a chance out of nothing. Iwobi is a non entity 80-90% of the time.
Not a chance he'll be moving on. Even if we'd accept a 50% loss no one will come near paying his wages and why would he take a big cut? He not a committed pro. Look at his half hearted tackles. Get used to him.
Pre-injury Bolasie did some good things even though everyone likes to swear he was always horrible. One of the few players who got worse in everyone's eyes while he wasn't playing

He's twice the man he used to be

Attachments

• Alex_Iwobi_(24109638313)_(cropped).jpg
    Alex_Iwobi_(24109638313)_(cropped).jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 960x0.jpg
    960x0.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 91

Good players can adapt to different systems. Look at what klopps done to his midfield/forwards. He’s a professional footballer. He should be able to have a base level in any position. Players who need everything in their favour, a precise position, a certain type of player next to them, in front of them, behind them, are just a waste of time and money.

A wide player who can't play in a 4-4-2?....interesting...

The 4-5-1 didn't seem to suit him much either..
He's a wide player who likes to have a free roam which is not gonna happen in this team.
Norwich second half, He was heads and shoulders above everyone, Probably more but my memory is god awful. I don't think it's been all doom and gloom like everyone goes on about.

A wide player who can't play in a 4-4-2?....interesting...

The 4-5-1 didn't seem to suit him much either..
The way Gylfi refused to actually do anything in midfield essentially made that 4-4-2 as well. At times maybe you could say 4-4.5-1. He just didn't do enough and it hurt us.

He's a wide player who likes to have a free roam which is not gonna happen in this team.

Norwich second half, He was heads and shoulders above everyone, Probably more but my memory is god awful. I don't think it's been all doom and gloom like everyone goes on about.
Nearly every professional footballer would like to have a free roam, probably one of the last players in world football you'd offer that chance to is Alex Iwobi.

The way Gylfi refused to actually do anything in midfield essentially made that 4-4-2 as well. At times maybe you could say 4-4.5-1. He just didn't do enough and it hurt us.

Its painful when you look at the money we've spent on the likes of Gylfi and Iwobi, and have just gone backwards... We finally had money, and we completely wasted it...

Really looking forward to seeing what Ancelotti (our first real manager since we got money) does in the next 3 or 4 transfer windows.... And I hope he has more influence than Brands does on our transfer targets (personally I don't understand how brands still has a job with us)...

Its painful when you look at the money we've spent on the likes of Gylfi and Iwobi, and have just gone backwards... We finally had money, and we completely wasted it...

Really looking forward to seeing what Ancelotti (our first real manager since we got money) does in the next 3 or 4 transfer windows.... And I hope he has more influence than Brands does on our transfer targets (personally I don't understand how brands still has a job with us)...
One because Brands job is more than just transfers and two because reality is he hasn't been that bad. Some misses sure, but last summer at least two of his three big signings are being written off without even really having a chance.

One because Brands job is more than just transfers and two because reality is he hasn't been that bad. Some misses sure, but last summer at least two of his three big signings are being written off without even really having a chance.

If Brands makes good signings, the manager will give them every chance... If he makes bad signings, they will expensively warm our bench...

If Brands makes good signings, the manager will give them every chance... If he makes bad signings, they will expensively warm our bench...
Well the two haven't had a chance because of injury luck and players ahead of him performing better. Odds are at some point they'll get the chances and at that point we can actually evaluate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.