Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Standard performance from him that’s the norm the difference being he intersperses mediocrity with moment of class he is a quality player who isn’t very good at general play personally I’ll be happy when he is gone but also understand why plenty wont agree
He is good in home games and in moments but he hasn't run a game since he's been here really that's not what he does. What we need is a genuine playmaker that could be Gomes if he's let off the leash or Iwobi.

He's better than what we have yet people took their frustration out on him because we failed to get Zaha, Bernard and Siggy would not get anywhere near Arsenals team, that's why its so upsetting that individuals think we can get top 6, I pity those individuals.

He's better than what we have yet people took their frustration out on him because we failed to get Zaha, Bernard and Siggy would not get anywhere near Arsenals team, that's why its so upsetting that individuals think we can get top 6, I pity those individuals.

I think Sigurdsson and Bernard would probably play about as much as Iwobi did for Arsenal, so you could say he's found his level.

Yea I think he was pretty poor too but I can't really see past Bernard being the one to lose out at the moment. I think it would be more beneficial to mix it up in the middle tho and see if we can break down the sitting in teams

Which is a shame because for all his errors today (2 or 3 stand out in my head today) he was the best of that front 4 in terms of threat and attempts to break their back line down.

Which is a shame because for all his errors today (2 or 3 stand out in my head today) he was the best of that front 4 in terms of threat and attempts to break their back line down.

If only Bernard had more physique. He does so many things well but just doesn't have the strength/pace to finish it off. I think Pienaar was very aware of this defect in his game and just had that bit more nous in those situations. Hopefully Bernard develops that this season.

Standard performance from him that’s the norm the difference being he intersperses mediocrity with moment of class he is a quality player who isn’t very good at general play personally I’ll be happy when he is gone but also understand why plenty wont agree
I’ve never been a fan to be honest. I know that brands, Silva and all the scouts watch Games with their eyes, but I’m sure they also crunch the numbers. And siggurdsson stats from open play aren’t great for a player who cost 45mil when it was a fortune. Ha ha 45mil not a fortune.

And that’s the interesting thing about iwobi, I haven’t seen much of him and probably like a lot of evertonians, pulled a face when he was linked Wednesday night, but what I’ve read from people who know more than me. Say his stats for creating chances and his passes in to the penalty box. Are up there near the top of the League. And it starts to make sense.

I can see siggurdsson being fazed out this season and silva moving to 433, with a proper number 6 in Gbamin and 2 box to box midfielders either side. With hopefully another top class midfielder brought in next summer. To play either side with Gomes. And maybe Davies & Delph as back up.

To many times for me siggurdsson plays as a split striker, as he’s quite slow and struggles to support the attack at times, so we basically become 442. Which in turn forces Richarlison back tracking a full back. Ideally you want him & iwobi on the other side, to at times let the full back go, so they can isolate the CB’s when we win the ball and break and your 2 wide centre mids IE. Delph & Gomes go across to help are full backs.

I’ve never been a fan to be honest. I know that brands, Silva and all the scouts watch Games with their eyes, but I’m sure they also crunch the numbers. And siggurdsson stats from open play aren’t great for a player who cost 45mil when it was a fortune. Ha ha 45mil not a fortune.

And that’s the interesting thing about iwobi, I haven’t seen much of him and probably like a lot of evertonians, pulled a face when he was linked Wednesday night, but what I’ve read from people who know more than me. Say his stats for creating chances and his passes in to the penalty box. Are up there near the top of the League. And it starts to make sense.

I can see siggurdsson being fazed out this season and silva moving to 433, with a proper number 6 in Gbamin and 2 box to box midfielders either side. With hopefully another top class midfielder brought in next summer. To play either side with Gomes. And maybe Davies & Delph as back up.

To many times for me siggurdsson plays as a split striker, as he’s quite slow and struggles to support the attack at times, so we basically become 442. Which in turn forces Richarlison back tracking a full back. Ideally you want him & iwobi on the other side, to at times let the full back go, so they can isolate the CB’s when we win the ball and break and your 2 wide centre mids IE. Delph & Gomes go across to help are full backs.
Phased.

Status
Not open for further replies.