Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, but they've made us a hell of a lot better. As would Iwobi.

There is a huge difference holding down at place a Barca than there is in what has been an awful arsenal in iwobi's time. Amazingly i read on here today that was part of the reason iwobi hasnt progressed. Because arsenal have been poor. Unbelievable.
Ive really got to take the vast majority of arsenal fans views that i have read today that they would bite our arm off to take him. And from what i have seen of him i agree. Where the hell some everton fans high praise of him comes from god knows.

There is a huge difference holding down at place a Barca than there is in what has been an awful arsenal in iwobi's time. Amazingly i read on here today that was part of the reason iwobi hasnt progressed. Because arsenal have been poor. Unbelievable.
Ive really got to take the vast majority of arsenal fans views that i have read today that they would bite our arm off to take him. And from what i have seen of him i agree. Where the hell some everton fans high praise of him comes from god knows.

Covering their bases just in case we do sign him mate, when we don't sign him he'll be back to being cack on here.

Only seen him a handful of times but he stood out to me, one of my best mates is a gunner and I remember discussing Iwobi with him and he was of the opinion he was nothing to write home about, however he hardly rates any of their squad, everyone is compared with Bergkamp, Henry, Pires etc it’s very hard to impress Arsenal fans

Only seen him a handful of times but he stood out to me, one of my best mates is a gunner and I remember discussing Iwobi with him and he was of the opinion he was nothing to write home about, however he hardly rates any of their squad, everyone is compared with Bergkamp, Henry, Pires etc it’s very hard to impress Arsenal fans

Fair comment. They do do that. A lot.

I know, mad having different opinions.

Fair enough mate. But arsenal only bid 40m an insulting offer and they couldn’t afford anymore as palace want the majority of the money upfront. For what it’s worth I rate zaha, but not at 80m and like you I don’t want Iwobi.

Well I have a feeling we will both be miserable because Moshiri wants his statement signing, and the statement is ‘we didn’t learn from having our pants pulled down on the last statement signing’

Fifa.

Surely nobody can think that £40m is anywhere near a reasonable price. Have we not learnt anything about over paying for average players?

Please god no. Always wondered how on earth he's managed to get games for Arsenal. The very epitome of how far they've fallen since the invincible era.

As I said earlier, at 23, he has a better record than Zaha had at the same age.

I'm a fan, every time I've seen him I've been quite impressed. Might be the best of what's available.

Zaha is over priced as well though. It's fair to compare players output at similar ages but we can't just assume that Iwobi will go from a 3 goal a season player to 9/10 goal player because others have done so. We have known for some time that we need more creativity from wide positions so it's poor that we find ourselves in this situation with one day until the window closes. Don't want us falling in to the same traps of the past were we spend money on over priced domestic based players and don't see much improvement for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.