Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to be positive about everything we do, and im happy with out window.

BUT....Arsenal are one of the clubs we want to finish above, and we have just paid the most they have ever receives for a player....for a player the fans are made up is leaving.

I hope silva knows something we, Emery, and the arsenal fans dont.
say it's about 50-50 tbh.

BUT....Arsenal are one of the clubs we want to finish above, and we have just paid the most they have ever receives for a player....for a player the fans are made up is leaving.

Fans arent really made up he's leaving theyre more happy were getting some funds in because we're desperate to buy a top CB. We were praying someone would take Ozil, Mki, Mustafi, Elneny, Chambers, Xhaka and Monreal. The general consensus was those players had to go and I rarely encountered any Arsenal fans IRL or on forums saying they want Iwobi sold especially after his contributions in our play last season.
Yeah I'm really happy we're starting to show ambition again. I wish we could have signed a decent CB right now though but cant complain with Luiz for the fee. He's better than what we have tbh. Need to see how Holding does when he comes back and if he can crack on from last seasons form.

We're not financially as well of as some of the other teams and I'd even say you have more money to readily spend than us. I am guessing Emery knows its now and never as do the likes of Raul and Edu. They've probably thought the money received could be better put to either balance the books or buy someone i.e. a CB who can help us immediately. I think we might try for someone in Jan. We're also pretty stacked up front and we're not gonna sell either of Lacazette or Auba so that only leaves one position and it makes sense Pepe will occupy that. Iwobi is too good to be used as a rotation player IMO especially after the improvement he's been making every year and he probably realises he needs playing time as a starter to realise his potential.

We're not the Arsenal of old and I dont think we have the luxury of time to wait for players to come good especially with all the money just being spent. We're basically going for broke. I guarantee we would not have sold him if we didnt need the money or we could have moved on Mustafi or Elneny or Ozil. Iwobi did more for us than Ozil and Mkhi imo.

He's very level headed and seemed like he'd be great in the dressing room. Always seemed a happy and positive guy. On the field he'll give it his all but you can see he gets frustrated at himself too easily if he makes a mistake which I honestly think is one of the reasons his decision making can be hit and miss as he's always overthinking what he does when he's at that point. He'll do everything right to get to that point though but you can see he puts the onus too much on himself to ply the perfect pass or score the perfect goal. Our fans did give him a rough time so it's understandable so be patient with him.

I can say though that our fans like to moan but I can easily say most fans will be gutted to lose him.
I should also mention ideally we would have liked to have sold Ozil, Mki, Elneny and Mustafi well before selling a player that actually always offered us something like Iwobi when he played

Our problem was a lack of goals across the front 3.

Iwobi doesn't solve that.

Had we peddled Walcott and had him as a back up squad player I would actually be happy with that, but swapping Bernard for Iwobi in the starting 11 if thats the plan is IMO is a waste of money.

Very confused by our transfer dealings this window Kean and Delph aside - not evem Gbamin is a direct replacement for Gana in terms of style and may even have to cover at CB due to our negligence in not bringing in a CB.
Our problem is lack of goals overall. It doesn't mean every signing we make has to score a ton of goals. The ball doesn't just magically end up in positions to shoot it. We needed someone to do that part of it better as well and Iwobi should bring that.

Iwobi coming in for Bernard improves us. And even more if he hits his potential.

Fans arent really made up he's leaving theyre more happy were getting some funds in because we're desperate to buy a top CB

I should also mention ideally we would have liked to have sold Ozil, Mki, Elneny and Mustafi well before selling a player that actually always offered us something like Iwobi when he played

That DT is a bad prick though, ain’t he???

Yeah I'm really happy we're starting to show ambition again. I wish we could have signed a decent CB right now though but cant complain with Luiz for the fee. He's better than what we have tbh. Need to see how Holding does when he comes back and if he can crack on from last seasons form.

We're not financially as well of as some of the other teams and I'd even say you have more money to readily spend than us. I am guessing Emery knows its now and never as do the likes of Raul and Edu. They've probably thought the money received could be better put to either balance the books or buy someone i.e. a CB who can help us immediately. I think we might try for someone in Jan. We're also pretty stacked up front and we're not gonna sell either of Lacazette or Auba so that only leaves one position and it makes sense Pepe will occupy that. Iwobi is too good to be used as a rotation player IMO especially after the improvement he's been making every year and he probably realises he needs playing time as a starter to realise his potential.

We're not the Arsenal of old and I dont think we have the luxury of time to wait for players to come good especially with all the money just being spent. We're basically going for broke. I guarantee we would not have sold him if we didnt need the money or we could have moved on Mustafi or Elneny or Ozil. Iwobi did more for us than Ozil and Mkhi imo.

He's very level headed and seemed like he'd be great in the dressing room. Always seemed a happy and positive guy. On the field he'll give it his all but you can see he gets frustrated at himself too easily if he makes a mistake which I honestly think is one of the reasons his decision making can be hit and miss as he's always overthinking what he does when he's at that point. He'll do everything right to get to that point though but you can see he puts the onus too much on himself to ply the perfect pass or score the perfect goal. Our fans did give him a rough time so it's understandable so be patient with him.

I can say though that our fans like to moan but I can easily say most fans will be gutted to lose him.
Thanks for your efforts in updating us mate. This is very illuminating. If you think that your fans moan , you should see some of them on here , lol.
Hope that you have a good season , not as good as us , but much better than Liverpool aka the blerts.

Arsenal fans seem disappointed that he's gone, and he played the 8th highest number of minutes for an outfield player at Arsenal last season (more than Ramsey, Ozil) but, yeah.

Our problem is lack of goals overall. It doesn't mean every signing we make has to score a ton of goals. The ball doesn't just magically end up in positions to shoot it. We needed someone to do that part of it better as well and Iwobi should bring that.

Iwobi coming in for Bernard improves us. And even more if he hits his potential.
This. With Iwobi you get a player who now has immense ball control and is really good at getting past players but the best thing is he doesnt get bullied and will keep hold of the ball and will do something with it.

Better dribbler than Ox was for us imo and not always injured like he was. Both had the same problem of decision making but Iwobi for me is better now than Ox was for us when he left. Only difference is Ox would score more goals occasionally. If Iwobi was banging in the goals which Im sure he's capable of doing after more minutes and fine tuning of his game he would be going for 70 mil in todays market considering the other parts of his game.

Quite happy with Iwobi actually. Stood out to me when he first came through at Arsenal, looked like he could play a through ball. Lots of talk of him being a winger but he actually reminds me of Barkley quite a lot in terms of his running the ball, so might be a bit more versatile than people are expecting.

Dunno if there was any truth in the idea that the Zaha push was being driven by Moshiri's desire for a marquee signing but if so, I'm glad it didn't work out. The owner shouldn't be choosing players if the manager/DOF aren't on board. Iwobi seems a lot more in line with our plan with potential to get better and have some sell on value.

Status
Not open for further replies.