AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly but he would higher our profile and may attract other players I would gamble if its all true about the small fee and assisted wages but I doubt it is;)

Yes I mean i don't think he's ever going to be a regular in any team now because of injuries. I think we should spend the money on someone else. Like Zigic or Riquelme:p

I think AJ is a good player and was a fantastic signing when we signed him but i think we have gone up a level now.

I am very reluctant to sell him but with these Owen rumours, i defo would rather have Owen, who imo is one of the best strikers around still, superb player.

As for AJ, 10 million is rumoured and that would be a good price for him, he's been poor this season really, but had alot of injuries.

But i prefer the 4-5-1 with Yak up top and Cahill just behind, so unless AJ wants to fight for his place then fair enough but i fully understand if he wants to move on.

BTW, if WH is willing to start a bidding war for Johnson, uh who are they bidding against? They must be the new Newcastle or something. I like Johnson but if they are stupid enough to pay 15M for him then sure I'm all for letting him go.

Though we better have a replacement lined up before we do.

No way will we ever get 15m for johnson, 7-8m at best. i know football fees have gone stupid in the last few years but you would have to be completely barking to pay 15m for johnson who in my opinion is a championship player.
For those who don't rate micheal owen, give your head a wobble! owen reads the game better than any other striker in the prem this is why his goal to game ratio is so good, he pre-emts the pass instead of just running after the ball once the pass has been made.

Everton are reportedly ready to allow striker Andy Johnson to leave Goodison Park with Middlesbrough and West Ham leading the chase.

Boss David Moyes is prepared to allow the former Crystal Palace and England striker to move on from the club in order to generate more cash to spend on his own targets.

Johnson has repeatedly stated he is happy where he is despite an on running link to West Ham where Alan Curbishley wants to partner him with Dean Ashton.

With Everton well off for strikers and with David Moyes' tendency to play one up front, usually Yakubu, with a five man midfield headed by Tim Cahill pushing forward, it could be that they see Johnson as an asset that could bring in plenty of money.

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate is also after a striker to play alongside Brazilian hitman Afonso Alves and their chairman Steve Gibson is ready to back a move for Johnson.

Everton paid Palace £8.6m for the Johnson two years ago and if they were to be offered that sort of money back they may sell.

I wonder if their is a bit of truth in this?

This is from Blue Kipper..........

Man City and Wigan are the latest to be looking at AJ. The Sunday papers were saying Moyesy has to sell to raise some cash and Andy may be the one to be sacrificed, even though the player has always said he wants to stay.

So thats at least 4 teams looking at AJ. Wonder if this one has legs, were already short of numbers. Will we sell again??

An do we need to sell to raise cash? Wouldn't be very happy if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.