Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did he get a run of games to try and settle into the team?
Didn't he get a few games while the Europa League games were on last season?

Is he really going to get selected while Deulofeu, Mirallas and even Lennon are available? Imagine the feeling toward Martinez if he left Gerard on the bench and started Aiden McGeady? For once, I'd join in the mass fume.

Nothing personal against the lad, but there's too many ahead of him in the sides 'pecking order'.

Didn't he get a few games while the Europa League games were on last season?

Is he really going to get selected while Deulofeu, Mirallas and even Lennon are available? Imagine the feeling toward Martinez if he left Gerard on the bench and started Aiden McGeady? For once, I'd join in the mass fume.

Nothing personal against the lad, but there's too many ahead of him in the sides 'pecking order'.
sign of a good squad if you ask me

sign of a good squad if you ask me
Of course it is, I just feel that, from what I've seen, he goes on mazey runs that lead to nowhere/the corner flag, whereas we want him to cross.

He's how I imagine Deulofeu played in Barcelona's under 12 side, but while Deulofeu has developed his game, McGeady all too often has no end product which is the antithesis of what a winger should do. Kanchelskis he is not - no sleight on the lad, but we have much, much better in his position.

Aids in his own Thread.

giphy.gif

The last competitive match Aiden played in he came on in the last five minutes against west ham and crossed a perfect ball to Rom for a last minute win at the Boleyn. Not playing has nothing to do with his ability, its because he goes to the pub. He is his own worst enemy, the more rm vindictively cold shoulders him the more stubbornly Aiden goes to the pub. When he was at Celtic, when he was warming up you could shout to him from the first few rows of the stand and he would smile or give the thumbs up. At the spurs game, 'ripping the piss' rm told him to warm up, I was in the family enclosure and tried to shout to him. Never seen him look so paranoid, he kept his eyes forward and kept running. He thought I was one of the hatemongers wanting to give him abuse. At half time he went down the tunnel and that was the last I seen of him. Spurs walked through the game never coming out of first gear. More than half our teams heads were already away on holiday. Groucho, I have enjoyed a lot of you posts, but to read that you are going join a mass fume if Aiden gets a game pure saddens me. Very subliminal :dodgy:

The last competitive match Aiden played in he came on in the last five minutes against west ham and crossed a perfect ball to Rom for a last minute win at the Boleyn. Not playing has nothing to do with his ability, its because he goes to the pub. He is his own worst enemy, the more rm vindictively cold shoulders him the more stubbornly Aiden goes to the pub. When he was at Celtic, when he was warming up you could shout to him from the first few rows of the stand and he would smile or give the thumbs up. At the spurs game, 'ripping the piss' rm told him to warm up, I was in the family enclosure and tried to shout to him. Never seen him look so paranoid, he kept his eyes forward and kept running. He thought I was one of the hatemongers wanting to give him abuse. At half time he went down the tunnel and that was the last I seen of him. Spurs walked through the game never coming out of first gear. More than half our teams heads were already away on holiday. Groucho, I have enjoyed a lot of you posts, but to read that you are going join a mass fume if Aiden gets a game pure saddens me. Very subliminal :dodgy:

Which is the only time he should ever even slightly get a look in.

The player himself needs to change the fans perception. Naismith has, and this season Kone has raised his game. Just the mention of him made me shudder in his first 2 seasons but I would have no problem with Kone starting in the derby. Aiden has to work on his game, try and force an opportunity, and grab it with both hands. He has yet to show me that he should be a regular at this football club. It's up to him, he is paid handsomely enough to try and rise above any ctitisism.

Mainly I agree with what you are saying, I just wish he could get a run of half a dozen games to try to prove himself, but I am beginning to think that's not going to happen. Also worried that if he does come on that if half the posters on this thread are match going supporters, multiply that into a crowd of forty thousand then before he even kicks a ball, he will be met with a wall of hatred. maybe because I have seen him turn on the magic so many times in the past, that my confidence in his ability will never waver. Only time will tell.

I feel like he has had little runs of games though, and every single time he's frustrated and simply not delivered the goods. I don't see the logic in persisting with a player who might turn out to be good with a run of games when we've got Deulofeu who gets assists like nobody's business.

I feel like he has had little runs of games though, and every single time he's frustrated and simply not delivered the goods. I don't see the logic in persisting with a player who might turn out to be good with a run of games when we've got Deulofeu who gets assists like nobody's business.
Admittedly Del has got youth and is playing well, but I believe if Aiden had been with Barcelona at Deulofeu's age there is no chance they would have let him go. taking nothing away from del, I think he is good, and I don't think playing them in the same team would be any bad thing

Can he play on the left? Can see him doing a job there. Not a good job admittedly but surely he's got a better chance of getting in the team ahead of Kone/Cleverley/Ghost of Pienaar than against Deulofeu/ Lennon.

Status
Not open for further replies.