Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than a few games he's been quite disappointing this season. It's a weird shame because I thought he'd thrive, looked decent at the end of last year even though he had just joined and wasn't fully fit.

Expected more, he has talent but I don't think his head is in the right place. Looks to be low on confidence and it's not helping him that the team is very poor at the moment too.

Needs to step it up.

He does and offers us nothing when he plays. He is meant to be a winger and he never actually makes a run off the ball down the wing! He is meant to have all this pace and skills yet I hardly ever see him beat people. His decision making and final ball is poor as well. Shouldn't be starting but at the moment we have no one else, depressing!

We have McGeady and Atsu as winger options, not great is it?

Looks like an area Martinez will surely have to tinker with again in the next couple of windows.

I understand wingers can give the ball away a fair bit because they are trying to do things/create but McGeady gives the ball away when doing the simple things in midfield too. Needs to improve.

I saw him step inside a couple of times second half and thought he'd have a dig, but he chose to try and play it to the feet of a team mate on the edge of the box. There's a confidence issue with players like him. He's not a player that'll ever storm a game and transform it. He can come up with creative play and the odd goal. I wasn't expecting any more than that. And he cant be singled out. Who out of this team at the moment can you point to and say they're doing consistently ok? Stones maybe?

We're playing poorly as a team.

We're Everton.

We're ALWAYS going to have a player or two who "aren't good enough" in the squad.

Unless we get the a Russian oligarch or Arab oil sheik to pump a bunch of money into our club and we can buy whoever we want.

Reactions: Del

Status
Not open for further replies.