Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGeady is not good enough IMO for where we're looking to go as a team/club etc. By no means does that mean I'm saying he's crap because he's not.

I just feel he's a impact sub/squad player rather than a first team starter. He's not as good as mirallas and IMO we need another winger on Kev's level to push on.

But still think he was a good signing all things concidered and will provide moments of brilliance as well as frustration!

Think he's a real danger going forward, but not to the extent that his lack of tracking back can be glossed over.

I think he's well worth keeping but not as a first team regular.

Don't think he was bad or great, inconsistent so moments of both. It happens with players like him, so i'm not really fussed. Today he didn't manage to create, but other times he creates 3-4 chances.

As for tracking back, Martinez tells his wingers not to track back but he CERTAINLY got stuck in to the defensive side today.

People just dislike him because it's acceptable to do so. I even heard people moaning at him for just running, even though the ball was on the other side of the pitch. Baffles me.

Thing is, doesn't playing Geads on the right mean we can play Kev on the left, which seems to be his best position?

If Pienaar comes in, Mirallas moves to the right where I think he is less effective.

McGeady is not good enough IMO for where we're looking to go as a team/club etc. By no means does that mean I'm saying he's crap because he's not.

I just feel he's a impact sub/squad player rather than a first team starter. He's not as good as mirallas and IMO we need another winger on Kev's level to push on.

But still think he was a good signing all things concidered and will provide moments of brilliance as well as frustration!

Good luck getting one of them. Any thoughts?

Can any of you bad stattos furnish us with the stats for how many we've won, lost and drawn when he's started?

He's starting to do my head in a bit. Obviously talented but vey little end product, gives the ball away and is so slow to react when we haven't got the ball.

He not doing it for me, but then again he is playing in a poor team without any confidence, he could be better in a fully fit team, too early to write him off but he not wining any fans over, Besic for example was much better and played less. He not helping Lukaku enough or creating any chance for him.

We are starting to look worryingly poor out wide - I'm not writing off Atsu but we really needed someone to come in and really demand a first team place.
At the minute we may well play Osman and Oviedo as our wide players, and that is badly mediocre at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.