Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate thats a little harsh dont you think?

ball for Naismith v Chelsea?

Goal v Leicester

Goal for Ireland showed his quality.

Last season his cameo v Cardiff was very good, remember the cross for Barry for the Coleman goal?

He's already shown he's a good option off the bench at the very least...hasnt he?

I remain unconvinced, many players have good moments, it does not mean anything, not good enough IMO.

More of an impact player for mine. Seems to run out of gas around the hour mark. Offers absolutely nothing tracking back. Poor old (or young) Coleman was getting double-teamed in the second half because McGeady was simply a bystander.

I don't agree with the hate on here. He does miss the occasional easy pass but he also can unlock the defense with a through ball. He is pacy with quick feet that sets the opposition on their heels. He may not be a superstar, but I believe him to be an important component of the club and I expect him to improve as the season progresses.

McGeady is a good option for us but if we didn't have two players out who are normally a shoe in to start in those 3 positions behind the striker (Pienaar, Barkley) then he wouldn't be starting. I don't think he'll ever be consistent enough to be a starting player for us but I like him. He just sort of reminds me of Deulofeu in that he's so frustrating but can produce moments of brilliance too. The only problem with that is Deulofeu is 19 and you'd expect that to be coached out of his game... McGeady is 28.

Too greedy imo.
Pretty much this.

He has very good ability but his decision making lets him down at times. The easy ball just isn't an option in his locker and even when he does play it simple, it goes wayward. I was the biggest McGeady fan before the start of the season; was convinced he would kick on after a full pre season and start a good majority of our games; but he just hasn't got going really.

His confidence isn't there at the minute and you could see that last night with that shot that went out for a throwing. We were 3-0 up at the time; normally you see players laugh those off after the game is basically won; but that clearly got to him as he was cursing to himself. He was embarrassed by it. Definite confidence issue.

More of an impact player for mine. Seems to run out of gas around the hour mark. Offers absolutely nothing tracking back. Poor old (or young) Coleman was getting double-teamed in the second half because McGeady was simply a bystander.

Also this !!!

Its no wonder their left back was their best player last night and was constantly getting forward at will.

I remain unconvinced, many players have good moments, it does not mean anything, not good enough IMO.

Many players have good moments, it does not mean anything
Many players have bad moments, these too do not mean anything
Nothing means anything
Can't justify my silly position, so will opt to be vague and hide behind "its my opinion"
Come on lad- admit it- you're like a kid in school being mean to his crush...

Many players have good moments, it does not mean anything
Many players have bad moments, these too do not mean anything
Nothing means anything
Can't justify my silly position, so will opt to be vague and hide behind "its my opinion"
Come on lad- admit it- you're like a kid in school being mean to his crush...

Well I am not a lad. I just do not rate him as much as some.

Think I was watching a different game to most on here last. I thought McGeady did well defensively, and was tracking back a lot. He put a real shift in and is a really intelligent player. Most of the time he loses the ball trying to do something a bit different, thinking outside of the box, so although its frustrating, I dont mind so much. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as they say.

He can hold and carry the ball really well and is seemingly growing in confidence too. He sees passes that nobody else does. One to Mirallas in the first half in particular was so good that it seemed like everybody stopped.

As his confidence grows, so will his influence, and I think he will only get better. People just need to be patient and appreciate him for the type of player that he is, instead of continually wanting him to transform into another hardworking Jack of all trades midfield player.

[QUOTE Its no wonder their left back was their best player last night and was constantly getting forward at will.[/QUOTE]

He has excellent stats for attacking, crossing, dribbling, assists & goals so he is as much a threat going forward as coleman or baines no matter who he is playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.