Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
6-0 - Tosun gets on the pitch and shows his frustration with 6 worldy OGs.

I worked at Bournemouth when I was at uni, was there the day they avoided relegation to the Conference. How times change.

Take 6 from them games, and we can happily roll over for city :)
tenor.gif

There’s worse than Bournemouth but Bournemouth are still a step below us.Tthis should be 3 for us with what we got. Already proved to do well against a 3 man back so Bournemouth resorting to that shouldn’t give them much comfort in securing points. Beating clubs like these is vital to us breaking into the top 6 especially away from Goodison.

I think with Kean and Iwobi we can break down a parked bus if Bournemouth choose to go with that route. Still want to see a mid without Siggy at some point with Schniederlin Delph and Gomes in a 1-2.

I’m taking 2-1 for the boys in blue obviously on this one. Bournemouth’s Strikers don’t have their goal scoring boots on yet but scored 1 a game so far against a variety of defenses.

We have spent more money than Liverpool recently, does that mean we should expect to win both Derbies this season?
Not at all mate. I expect us to lose both, and the games with city. I suspect we won’t get too much change out of arsenal, Spurs. United and Chelsea ill have misplaced optimism. But Bournemouth?! Need to be winning the vast majority of those games

Not at all mate. I expect us to lose both, and the games with city. I suspect we won’t get too much change out of arsenal, Spurs. United and Chelsea ill have misplaced optimism. But Bournemouth?! Need to be winning the vast majority of those games

At Home yes, but our away record isnt great, as I say most teams in this league have a very decent home record, the teams that dont normally go down.

Im hopeful we can beat Bournemouth, cos I think we have a better team and a better manager, but football doesnt work like that and home advantage is quite the leveller in this league.

At Home yes, but our away record isnt great, as I say most teams in this league have a very decent home record, the teams that dont normally go down.

Im hopeful we can beat Bournemouth, cos I think we have a better team and a better manager, but football doesnt work like that and home advantage is quite the leveller in this league.
In my head it’s still 1987 and I feel entitled to win every week.

I do wonder why we struggle so much away. I’ve always felt that we struggle to open up teams who set up with a low block which would suggest we’d prefer playing more expansive teams. Then away from home when teams do tend to play with a bit more urgency, we crumble.

These are the games we need to show a clear away game identity. Bournemouth will look to attack, do we sit back and break on the counter or high press to try and force mistakes out of a shaky back line.

(Or option 3 which is to crumble and lose)

Watched a bit of ToffeeTV who suggest against a team like Bournemouth a bit of individual skill to beat a player is needed to disorganise the opposing defenders and create chances.

Seems plausible, but who amongst Everton can do that? Iwobi, Richarlison?

Would like to see some shots from distance also to draw defenders and create some passing opportunities.

Defence of Everton is not looking so solid, stats acknowledged, I still get a bad feeling when they're being tested.

Also can we bin off this passing around our own penalty box while being closed down? Otherwise we'll get what we gave to Wolves 1st goal.

Watched a bit of ToffeeTV who suggest against a team like Bournemouth a bit of individual skill to beat a player is needed to disorganise the opposing defenders and create chances.

Seems plausible, but who amongst Everton can do that? Iwobi, Richarlison?

Would like to see some shots from distance also to draw defenders and create some passing opportunities.

Defence of Everton is not looking so solid, stats acknowledged, I still get a bad feeling when they're being tested.

Also can we bin off this passing around our own penalty box while being closed down? Otherwise we'll get what we gave to Wolves 1st goal.

Wolves goal didnt come from us passing around our own box did it?

I was actually quite impressed with our build up play from the back against them. Delph improves us a lot in that aspect

Status
Not open for further replies.