Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you lot too loyal to certain players? Most of you very defensive this week about Michael Keane during and after the Kosovo match, praising past club performances. Sorry of this upsets anyone, but fans away from your club that I know put Keane in a very average bracket with Mee, Tarkowski, Mings. Solid in some home games, but very vulnerable to any forward with class and/or pace.

Point being, Moshiri needs to stop signing a plethora of players, instead buying a couple per window of true class.

Just an opinion.
I think the idea is to get us into a position of being able to add just one or two players per window of true class (if theyd come here).
Fact of the matter is, we're not there (despite the spending). A long way to go before we are as well.

Nothing wrong with the game plan, we were well on top when they scored first, we were well on top at 1-1 and DCL had a glorious chance to make it 1-2 by rounding the keeper, 2mins later they score.

It doesn't matter what the manager does, when individual and collective defensive mistakes are as bad as they were today, you can not fail to lose, the ease in which we gifted them all 3 goals was as bad as defending gets.
What about when it was 1-1 and we couldn't really impose ourselves with a goal as @BlueToff mentioned? Or when we conceded for the second time?

to me the players body language is so negative at times, especially when we are losing

delph does a bad pass or something and half the players stand still on the pitch gesticulating at each other

steve cook plays a bad pass to his goalkeeper which calvert-lewin intercepts and almost scores from and they just get on with it and move on
Nobody more negative than Silva. Sulking on the bench is not what I want to see from an Everton manager.

This is as bad as owt we saw in the latter days of Bobby, the entirety of Koeman and Silva’s dismal days between the derbies last season.

Hundreds of millions spent and we are no further on.
Shocking how high our outlay has been the last 4 years and we are no closer to a trophy or getting into the champions league.

That 2nd half was dreadful! I thought they were there for the taking, but it turned out we were! We could be doing so much better than this imo, which makes it even harder to accept. Play Iwobi in the middle, we have no energy there. Davies instead of Schneider’s,if no Gomez. And obviously Kean instead of DCL. It is unbelievable how bad some of the basics are in our play, even throw ins! Defend better and play with more pace. Sort em out Marco, some things are easily fixed!

The two games we have lost have ,in my opinion,been lost in midfield. Playing 2 defensive midfielders does not work in our formation. There is too big a gap between them and the front 4. Davies should have started instead of Schneiderlin.If we kept a clean sheet then fine,you could say that it worked but we haven’t won away away from home enough to justify that tactic. If Silva doesn’t change that ,then he will be the master of his own downfall.
Agree with that entirely.
It seems that every time Schneiderlin plays we look like we did under Koeman, whenever he is confronted by players with pace he is just left standing there sucking his thumb. If we are short of players in his position then give one of the youngsters a game, we might uncover a hidden gem.

Lack the general guts to roll our sleeves up and have a go . Zonal marking isn't working as , like many I'm sure , whenever there is a set piece I worry . Back to basic man to man marking , defend properly . I am not a huge fan of DCL but where is the creativity we so badly seek ? 2-1 down and still leaves the two defensive midfielders on ? Baffling . My major concern is when a decent side plays us we will concede 4's , 5's , 6's or possibly more the way we defend as a team .

Status
Not open for further replies.