Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

to me the players body language is so negative at times, especially when we are losing

delph does a bad pass or something and half the players stand still on the pitch gesticulating at each other

steve cook plays a bad pass to his goalkeeper which calvert-lewin intercepts and almost scores from and they just get on with it and move on

So, so poor. It doesn't matter that Calvert-Lewin scored, he is just a really poor player. He is like Walcott, in that he has no footballing brain whatsoever. Only he has even less ability than Walcott.

Bournemouth are a poor team defensively and yet he doesn't play a striker who can counter them in Kean. Almost every run Kean made when he came was a positive one - once more Calvert-Lewin doesn't even have 2% of a striker's instinct for making runs. Kean's touch was sharp and generally tight, unlike Calvert-Lewin's shin bouncers. The thing that frustrates me the most about Calvert-Lewin is that he is useless at pinning a centre back. I used to play centre forward at Sunday league level, and it is one of the most basic things a striker can do. Pin the CB, spin to run in behind or get a shot off. This is unforgivable as DCL is a big lad and fast when he sprints - that side of things should therefore be really easy for him. Yet, as soon as Kean came on, he was doing that.

But as well as poor selection from the start, Silva needs to look at himself. He is Moyesesque in his resistance to making changes early. He also always has to make like for like substitutions, instead of shaking up the pattern of play. I know he is a deeply flawed player, but why wasn't Tom Davies brought on? He always gives energy and tempo, which was something we desperately needed there. Also, Coleman was woeful - he could have tried Sidibe, but he is too 'safe' for anything like that.

Questions need to be asked at this stage.

Are you lot too loyal to certain players? Most of you very defensive this week about Michael Keane during and after the Kosovo match, praising past club performances. Sorry of this upsets anyone, but fans away from your club that I know put Keane in a very average bracket with Mee, Tarkowski, Mings. Solid in some home games, but very vulnerable to any forward with class and/or pace.

Point being, Moshiri needs to stop signing a plethora of players, instead buying a couple per window of true class.

Just an opinion.
We had to get rid of players who were worse than the ones we have now. Hard to believe I know. ☹️

Status
Not open for further replies.