Ademola Lookman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be worth putting a bet on it. I've got a feeling Lookman will do well in Europa, he'll get the game time in them games

..I had a similar bet on John Stones when he broke into the Everton side. I got 66-1 and although he actually travelled to the World Cup he wasn't included in the final 22. So nearly. I don't think it's a bad shout about Lookman. He could be something very special or he could be the mercurial type who doesn't kick on. Only time will tell but I'm chuffed we have him.

..I had a similar bet on John Stones when he broke into the Everton side. I got 66-1 and although he actually travelled to the World Cup he wasn't included in the final 22. So nearly. I don't think it's a bad shout about Lookman. He could be something very special or he could be the mercurial type who doesn't kick on. Only time will tell but I'm chuffed we have him.

He is 20 in October and i think at times we are going to play guile on one flank with Siggy, Rooney and Sandro, i can see pace and trickery on the other and until Bolaise is back that is Ade and Belgian Kev.

Last edited:

I agree with @Neiler I think if he can get in the side and impress he will keep his place and keep improving until he gets capped.

This is one reason why I think Sigurdsson wouldn't be an ideal signing if he plays on the left as I can see Lookman being fantastic for us.

He was the best player in the friendly for me. Looked sharper than anyone on the pitch and had a brilliant assist to Wayne. It will be interesting to see how he deals with the physicality of the league next season. He could be spectacular in Europe

..he played plenty of games in the lower league so i wouldn't worry about his physicality or toughness. I thought that was a big plus when he signed, you can get a kicking at that level as defenders will try you out but he got his game week in week out.

..he played plenty of games in the lower league so i wouldn't worry about his physicality or toughness. I thought that was a big plus when he signed, you can get a kicking at that level as defenders will try you out but he got his game week in week out.
He got bullied off the ball quite a few times in his first season, but it may have been due to him being too casual. I think he will rectify that this season as it seems he has learned to pick his moments.

I already prefer him to Mirallas, and based on what I saw last year before the injury, Bolasie.

I'd love to see Lookman on the left and Dowell on the right in a 4-3-3 someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.