2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

Technically deficient but boy does he put a shift in.

Well… I see the same things you see on the pitch, and I’d agree with the “technically deficient,” but-

IMG_5756.jpeg

That’s frankly ridiculous. Can’t be too lacking on quality to achieve that.

His goalscoring threat has been remarkably consistent since Dyche arrived and changed his role

5 goals in 15 league games last season (in a struggling side)

6 in 16 league games this season

If anything, he could have scored more than he has (he's 10th in terms of xG in the league this season with 7)

Always knew he had an engine and could press well, but never saw this pseudo Cahill role coming - in fact, if he was better in the air, it'd be a massive help, but that's actually seemingly a weakness of his

1 goal every 3 games since Dyche arrived. Lots of ‘top’ strikers not making those stats in the prem :)

….it takes an extraordinary amount of effort to continually get in those attacking positions, especially considering the work he does behind the ball. Let’s not forget the number of times he hits the box and the ball doesn’t arrive.

….it takes an extraordinary amount of effort to continually get in those attacking positions, especially considering the work he does behind the ball. Let’s not forget the number of times he hits the box and the ball doesn’t arrive.
I think he shows up to training each day, does an hour of finishing drills, runs a marathon and then goes home.

It’s the only logical explanation