2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

Been one of his biggest detractors on here but he's been exceptional recently, with his passing which has been abysmal in the past significantly improving, the through ball to gana was superb. I think him playing second striker which I was initially dubious of, is pretty shrewd as he doesn't have to provide numerous passes like if he played further in the midfield able to contribute to the press and layoff the ball if needed or just poach the ball which he is solid at. Obviously he has flaws but he is being utilized those deficiencies are less prevalent

He has shown he can pass, control the ball and shoot. He doesn't have the technique to do those things consistently but he's been a prem midfielder for a decade so despite what the clowns in here would have you believe, he's not a divison 2 player. What he does have consistently is remarkable fitness and a great attitude.

Bit OTT. He's been in england 7 years and wether you like it or not he's been involved in relegation most of his time in England. Be that relegated with watford or in relegation battles with them and us. There is no doubt he's found a manager that really suits him now in dyche as the emphasis is not on keeping the ball or technique but rather hard running closing down and getting into the box. Which is great, nothing wrong in that because right now we're a club who's main goal is to just stay in the premier league. Dyche has found his perfect midfielder for this. But lets be realistic. Its our level now. He wouldnt get in that many teams unless they played a certain level of football.
i wouldnt want Everton to play like this forever. I mean i appreciate its been a while but we've totally lost that school of science good football thing. We're an organised team of grafters at the moment and i'll take it because of the last few years. But the aim should be players like doucoure shouldnt be a major player for Everton.
Sorry.

If the rest of midfield could score near as many as he does we would be knocking on champion league positions. more or less said the same last season, easily our biggest threat from midfield in terms of scoring goals.

Big Douc's through ball to Gana on Saturday was something I didn't think he had in his locker. I was in favour of his contract extension, even at the price, but he's certainly not resting on his laurels after signing. Fair dues to Dyche (I'm still unsold on the Scotch Egg) he's really getting a tune out of Doucoure. Long may it continue.

….he’s clearly not read this thread;

IMG_6981.jpeg

Crap but the best we have for that position bit like the 2 wingers we have crap but best we have add our 2 full backs to that and central midfielder who wins possession only to give it up again, teams littered with poor/average players

Crap but the best we have for that position bit like the 2 wingers we have crap but best we have add our 2 full backs to that and central midfielder who wins possession only to give it up again, teams littered with poor/average players
He's not the only player we have for that position - Dyche has tailored the position to him, not the other way around. 100000000000% Garner can do the same job or better behind the striker as he can control a ball consistently, but Dyche will never do it.

He's not the only player we have for that position - Dyche has tailored the position to him, not the other way around. 100000000000% Garner can do the same job or better behind the striker as he can control a ball consistently, but Dyche will never do it.
Yes I have no doubt Garner would be better there and would get more assists/create chances. But Dyche isn’t changing it cause he clearly likes what Doucoure does, tries to do, he’s clueless beyond his initial approach to things hence why he’s managed lower level relegation battling sides.

Yes I have no doubt Garner would be better there and would get more assists/create chances. But Dyche isn’t changing it cause he clearly likes what Doucoure does, tries to do, he’s clueless beyond his initial approach to things hence why he’s managed lower level relegation battling sides.
My favourite part is when he basically plays FIFA career mode or whatever it is where you control only 1 player and just shouts ONLY at him and what to do.

The exact antithesis of Ancelotti's "just play" basically lol