2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d still sell him as we can make a profit on him .

He is on a very long list of players that should be being sold to raise funds for a rebuild
I don't think he's sellable. We signed him on a stupid contract and have activated an extra year. So he's on around 100k a week but is cheaper for us than signing a new player (5.2m for next year)and is a known quantity.
That also means if we tried to sell him we have to practially give him away like we did James so it makes no sense to get rid.
Keep him and fix the rest of the holes then replace him next summer.

I don't think he's sellable. We signed him on a stupid contract and have activated an extra year. So he's on around 100k a week but is cheaper for us than signing a new player (5.2m for next year)and is a known quantity.
That also means if we tried to sell him we have to practially give him away like we did James so it makes no sense to get rid.
Keep him and fix the rest of the holes then replace him next summer.

We simply cannot keep letting our signings leave for free

Tuson
Walcott
Bolasie
siggy
Sandro
Niasse
Schnierdlin (2m)
Mina

That’s roughly 187m spent and 2m recouped … if we broke even with them we would be well within FFP. It’s a behaviour that we simply must rectify

Also we can’t afford to keep a 100k salary for a player that isn’t worthy of it …

I do get what you’re saying but his book value now is zero so him, gray, DCL, davies should all be getting sold to raise funds imo

Definitely on the retained list. Hopefully he will get better and find consistency. This should come with a better balanced team.

RDT_20230531_2142274695771590810436258.png

Thought his contribution in the run in was outstanding. We all know hes limited technically but having been frozen out coupled with his contract situation my hat goes of to him A for his goals and B for his effort and application in dark times. Well done Abdoulaye

Spot on. After the way he was treated, he came back and performed and put the shift in. Fair play to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.