Tuson
Walcott
Bolasie
siggy
Sandro
Niasse
Schnierdlin (2m)
Mina

That’s roughly 187m spent and 2m recouped … if we broke even with them we would be well within FFP. It’s a behaviour that we simply must rectify

Also we can’t afford to keep a 100k salary for a player that isn’t worthy of it …

I do get what you’re saying but his book value now is zero so him, gray, DCL, davies should all be getting sold to raise funds imo
Would you buy any of the list above ?

He's got a decent all round game and is really versatile. If he continues adding goals he becomes first name on the team sheet regardless of whoever comes in.

I don't think he's sellable. We signed him on a stupid contract and have activated an extra year. So he's on around 100k a week but is cheaper for us than signing a new player (5.2m for next year)and is a known quantity.
That also means if we tried to sell him we have to practially give him away like we did James so it makes no sense to get rid.
Keep him and fix the rest of the holes then replace him next summer.

We simply cannot keep letting our signings leave for free

Tuson
Walcott
Bolasie
siggy
Sandro
Niasse
Schnierdlin (2m)
Mina

Also we can’t afford to keep a 100k salary for a player that isn’t worthy of it …

I do get what you’re saying but his book value now is zero so him, gray, DCL, davies should all be getting sold to raise funds imo

Tuson
Walcott
Bolasie
siggy
Sandro
Niasse
Schnierdlin (2m)
Mina

The only person on that list that I’d have kept was Mina. In fact I could add a few more that I’d add to that list that could go for free. Maupay would be No.1.

Tuson
Walcott
Bolasie
siggy
Sandro
Niasse
Schnierdlin (2m)
Mina

Keep saying this. £164m spent with no return is mental. Some rotten luck in there as well to be honest but how have we got it so wrong.

Think we'll add Gbamin- £25m and Gomes, £22m to that figure as well.

Keep saying this. £164m spent with no return is mental. Some rotten luck in there as well to be honest but how have we got it so wrong.

Think we'll add Gbamin- £25m and Gomes, £22m to that figure as well.
The funny thing is, we could have scavenged value out of a lot of these. I know we joke about who would pay, we’d have to pay clubs to take them off our hands, yada yada. But other clubs are getting value out of these players. We are just pushovers and terrible in the business department so we allow other clubs to run circles around us. That and our reputation of overspending has caught up with us and clubs are charging us astronomical amounts in comparison to other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.