2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been a zero mate.

Was our key CM under King Carlo
Best CM under Benitez
Best CM under Dyche

Sign that extension big man 📝
Benitez had him sitting back and wouldn't let him get forward which caused his form to drop. Ancelotti and now Dyche have him playing further forward which has brought out the best in him.

Benitez had him sitting back and wouldn't let him get forward which caused his form to drop. Ancelotti and now Dyche have him playing further forward which has brought out the best in him.

Nah watch the Burnley game at Goodison man Doucoure ran the midfield with his bursts forward.

Only manager who didnt utilise him was the Tory dosser which tells you all you need to know.

He was way under par 1st half but 2nd half he really showed his energy, pressing, got into another great position (similar to Forest goal) and the touch to Simms was fantastic it really was. I gave him MOTM fkr that 2nd half showing. I think just before the 1st goal, he almost starred playing like a false 9 and Gray went to the right and starred occupying their left back more.

Doucs with a smile on his face and the freedom to Maraude around the pitch is a totally different player then previous managers have used him.
The lads been a beast out there recently, really implementing himself on the opposition.
2 goals - 2 Assists in recent games

The Misery and Negativity around this forum after today is really lost o me....

Made up for him. Not great on the ball but if he is played in the right way he is effective. He has proved that in the past. He scores goals and works hard. Hope he can continue till the end of the season. Chip in with 2-3 more goals could be vital to our survival chances.

Made up for him finding form, but his ball control/retention/passing/anything football related is an absolute coin toss of what you get.

He definitely gives 100%+ on the pitch though and isn't afraid of the ball, good athlete, but my god is it frustrating to watch him play.

Also Onana might be a tad better in his position, but we don't have the personnel to even try that currently lol

He’s good at some things and fair play to him he’s doing those things well and with huge energy every game right now

I really hope he’s not the future because I hate watching him try and control and pass a football but he’s done a very good job under Dyche

Pretty much spot on. We're a relegation threatened team because we bought to many players like this(seems to be lost on a few). But hey ho thats where we are and have to get on with it. He has to be in the oppositions face with fire in his belly to be productive.

But, saying all that. Lets appreciate that touch for simms goal. Unlike him but a beautiful touch.

Pretty much spot on. We're a relegation threatened team because we bought to many players like this(seems to be lost on a few). But hey ho thats where we are and have to get on with it. He has to be in the oppositions face with fire in his belly to be productive.

But, saying all that. Lets appreciate that touch for simms goal. Unlike him but a beautiful touch.
Think he had a crap one like half a min earlier as well lol

Status
Not open for further replies.