2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much spot on. We're a relegation threatened team because we bought to many players like this(seems to be lost on a few). But hey ho thats where we are and have to get on with it. He has to be in the oppositions face with fire in his belly to be productive.

But, saying all that. Lets appreciate that touch for simms goal. Unlike him but a beautiful touch.
It was a sexual touch wasn't it? First time, right into his path. My jaw hit the floor and, even though Simms was about 5 yards behind his man, still expected the offside flag to be raised.

I'd like to gold my hands up and say I was wrong about Doucoure.

I'd like to but I'm not. He's still a donkey in a lilac patch - mildly purple. Still can't play football, but can gallop around sticking his gangly legs everywhere.

Everyone jizzed over Iwobi having about 5 good games under Lampard, now he's turd again. I'm not making the same mistake with this lumbering oaf.

I'd like to but I'm not. He's still a donkey in a lilac patch - mildly purple. Still can't play football, but can gallop around sticking his gangly legs everywhere.

Everyone jizzed over Iwobi having about 5 good games under Lampard, now he's turd again. I'm not making the same mistake with this lumbering oaf.
Uwer

Exactly this. He’s 50p headed two goals that were harder to miss, and managed to actually pass a ball successfully which makes a nice change to the rest of his Everton career.

There’s still no way we should be extending his contract (which of course is the only reason he’s playing up)

Thats bananas mate.

He’s let us down numerous times under numerous different managers. Only last week he made the error in possession that cost us two points against Forest. He’s sloppy on the ball and has had about two periods in his whole Everton career when he’s looked motivated to run (for a few games under Benitez at the start, and now for a few games under Dyche). The rest of it has been him just not being very good at all.

If we want to improve we should just say thanks very much and get him off the wage bill in the summer.

He’s let us down numerous times under numerous different managers. Only last week he made the error in possession that cost us two points against Forest. He’s sloppy on the ball and has had about two periods in his whole Everton career when he’s looked motivated to run (for a few games under Benitez at the start, and now for a few games under Dyche). The rest of it has been him just not being very good at all.

If we want to improve we should just say thanks very much and get him off the wage bill in the summer.

I absolutely couldn't disagree more mate, respectively.

To my mind hes the best and most influential midfielder since he came to the club. He was bought, if you rember because we had a powder puff midfield of Gylfi and Davies for much of the season under SIlva and Carlo. We got annihilated in the middle. Hes not, never was and ever will be a player who is a playmaker or spraying 20 yard passes - the fact people critise him for this is like criticizing Lee Carsely for not doing the same. He gives us athleticism, presence, balance and he fights to give us a foothold and control in the game, you cant control a game until you win a midfield battle he does that and hes a leader. hes been brilliant.

You are also wrong on his history here with us, if you look at our decline under Carlo it coincides with a Doucoure injury, if you look at our results going south under Benitez it co-incides with a Doucoure injury, if you look at our form tanking in the first half of the season it coincides with Lampard not having him in the team. In all those periods this team was bullied.

I find it one of the maddest opinions on here that many cant see how much of a control and balance he gives us in games, how he fights for a foothold, how influential he really is on results. He has a skill set, that skill set is influential, it brings control to our team, it influences results - there is a massive body of evidence. Hes priority no 1 for a new contract. He is so massively underrated and unvalued. For all the money we wasted his fee has been value given his influence, the tilt for Europe under Carlo, his role in keeping us up last season, his influence on this team since Dyche came in - incredible service.

Last edited:
I avidly expressed my desire to get rid of him just a few months ago, but he is playing very well right now, getting goals and assists and doing more than enough for us to extend that contract.

He’s showing way more than Onana right now, and Garner can’t even get a game, yet it wouldn’t surprise me if some of those that are continuing to knock Doucoure are the same people that are inexplicably hyping Garner as if he’s the next Mo Besic.

To my mind hes the best and most influential midfielder since he came to the club. He was bought, if you rember because we had a powder puff midfield of Gylfi and Davies for much of the season under SIlva and Carlo. We got annihilated in the middle. Hes not, never was and ever will be a player who is a playmaker or spraying 20 yard passes - the fact people critise him for this is like criticizing Lee Carsely for not doing the same. He gives us athleticism, presence, balance and he fights to give us a foothold and control in the game, you cant control a game until you win a midfield battle he does that and hes a leader. hes been brilliant.

You are also wrong on his history here with us, if you look at our decline under Carlo it coincides with a Doucoure injury, if you look at our results going south under Benitez it co-incides with a Doucoure injury, if you look at our form tanking in the first half of the season it coincides with Lampard not having him in the team. In all those periods this team was bullied.

I find it one of the maddest opinions on here that many cant see how much of a control and balance he gives us in games, how he fights for a foothold, how influential he really is on results. He has a skill set, that skill set is influential, it brings control to our team, it influences results - there is a massive body of evidence. Hes priority no 1 for a new contract. He is so massively underrated and unvalued. For all the money we wasted his fee has been value given his influence, the tilt for Europe under Carlo, his role in keeping us up last season, his influence on this team since Dyche came in - incredible service.

Brings control to the team? He can't even control a football.

He's been a mixture of mildly average, average, awful and terrible throughout his Everton career - his last 3 games, he's been mildly average. We have fans queuing up to rim him now he actually turns up on a pitch, pretending he's arsed - he wasn't arsed about 3 months ago when he was punching Ashley Cole and sitting on the halfway line instead of warming up.

Sell him, he's a liability. Soon as he can't be bothered again once he's signed his contract extension a'la Iwobi he will revert to awful/terrible.

Brings control to the team? He can't even control a football.

He's been a mixture of mildly average, average, awful and terrible throughout his Everton career - his last 3 games, he's been mildly average. We have fans queuing up to rim him now he actually turns up on a pitch, pretending he's arsed - he wasn't arsed about 3 months ago when he was punching Ashley Cole and sitting on the halfway line instead of warming up.

Sell him, he's a liability. Soon as he can't be bothered again once he's signed his contract extension a'la Iwobi he will revert to awful/terrible.

Of course he brings control to the team, only part of football is about what you do on the ball. Its a game of influence and momentum, enabled by systems to gain control, to dictate your play. Idrissa is the same, hes a bad passer of the ball but he enables and assists to control, like Carsely did or Peter Reid. The only games we looked in part of control over where when he was in the team, we controlled 0 games bar Palace and WHU when he wasn't in it. The evidence base is there.

I think the issue many have with him is that he isn't a good passer of the ball but thats not his strength - the same way James Rodriguez was a sublime passer but would get completely over run in midfield as he doesn't have any physical attributes whatsoever.

Doucoure - Prime Gana - Rodriguez

Would have been a great midfield and had the lot.

Thats the task for Big Kev in the summer - find Gana's natural successor & bring in a midfielder with an eye for a pass whilst Doucoure/Onana continue to do their ting.

I think the issue many have with him is that he isn't a good passer of the ball but thats not his strength - the same way James Rodriguez was a sublime passer but would get completely over run in midfield as he doesn't have any physical attributes whatsoever.

Doucoure - Prime Gana - Rodriguez

Would have been a great midfield and had the lot.

Thats the task for Big Kev in the summer - find Gana's natural successor & bring in a midfielder with an eye for a pass whilst Doucoure/Onana continue to do their ting.

If Doucoure gets injured mate, our recent form comes crashing down, imagine Tom coming in for Doucoure. In fact we've seen it before when hes been injured our form has disintegrated when he doesn't play in recent years, hes very influential, hes also a leader and god knows we need those.

Id Doucoure gets injured mate, our recent form comes crashing down, imagine Tom coming in for Doucoure. In fact we've seen it before when hes been injured our form has disintegrated when he doesn't play in recent years, hes very influential, hes also a leader and god knows we need those.

Had he stayed fit we would have gotten top 6 that season under King Carlo.

Benitez also had us in the top 6 until his injury then we plummeted.

He's a very good player - the boo boys laughed when I rated him at Watford. Him and Gana prior to his departure to PSG would have been a tasty midfield duo when we had the likes of Richy/DCL/Digne/Gyfi in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.