2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest issue I see is that none of our other options have the legs to get around the pitch. It was the same when we had Gana we were so reliant on him it was ridiculous. It's the same now we should really look at buying players with similar attributes to back up our first teamers they are never going to have the same quality but the drop off is ridiculous and bad squad planning. See also our issues at right and left back one injury and we are into make shift options..

We will have to move to a 433. Allan with Davies and Gbamin or Gomes. Maybe Onyango may see some minutes...
If we had players with similar attributes they would also be starting

Was so optimistic after the first 4-5 games of the season and now it’s all been sucked out of me…Feels like last season all over again!

What’s going on at this club?
It’s quite clear I thought.
Several years wasting big money on garbage has meant money that can be spent to improve is very limited on top of trying to release deadwood in order to reverse this overspend.
The net result is a wafer thin squad with lack of depth in numbers and quality.
Injuries are expected at every club hence why there are squads it’s just that it is more obvious when it happens here.
Im expecting a couple more years of this new frugal recruitment strategy lay ahead yet, but I’m hoping it will mean we will be able to start competing for top signings eventually.

We haven't been trying to win the midfield in the traditional way anyway. What changes is that his ability to get forward has made it not matter. We don't really have a replacement in that area.
Your right will now just sit off let the opposition mid take control then hope to nick the ball if them then get it out wide as soon as we won't be pressing there mids back with Davis and Allen in the middle

If we had players with similar attributes they would also be starting
I mean physicality and pace wise but yeah good point. My point is more you should have back up with mobility we don't have one midfielder with the mobility to at least cover. We need to be buying midfielders with mobility and power going forward. Davies, Delph, Gomes, Gbamin(?) Not one of them has the required mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.