2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why so we can get to the quarters and get knocked out by City/RS/Utd/Chelsea with their 2nd string thats good enough to finish top 6 whilst we have Davies and Gomes chugging around?

You all need to wake up the ladder has been pulled up FFP stops clubs like us having any hopes of success in the PL. Leicester are a fluke and the greatest sporting upset in history for a reason.

You know what has stopped us having any hopes of success in the PL? Wasting absolute millions on ? when we really had the chance to progress. We had 1 chance to do it. We gambled & lost. Nothing to do with FFP. Do you really think, given how bad our finances are, the ground to pay for, that we’d have gone out the last 2-3 years & spent more untold millions? If you do, you’re deluded. We are massively in debt, haemorrhaging money by the week. But yeah, let’s blame FFP.

You know what has stopped us having any hopes of success in the PL? Wasting absolute millions on ? when we really had the chance to progress. We had 1 chance to do it. We gambled & lost. Nothing to do with FFP. Do you really think, given how bad our finances are, the ground to pay for, that we’d have gone out the last 2-3 years & spent more untold millions? If you do, you’re deluded. We are massively in debt, haemorrhaging money by the week. But yeah, let’s blame FFP.

What are your thoughts on the Doucoure situation? I am hoping for a speedy recovery but it's the hope that kills you isn't it?

Im always interested in the guy who comes on a message board to post proving he’s the most calm. No matter the news or reaction, it’s like some bot is activated and someone has to reference bedwetting
Thank you for your interest

If the choice was 5 seasons of Everton finishing 8th, 10th, 10th, 11th, 9th or 10th, 9th, 18th **winning the championship** 10th I would pick the latter as I've seen us win something other than the Florida Cup and make no mistake I wouldn't be embarassed to get rat arsed in town at seeing us win it either - nothing small time about it for a generation who's biggest success witnessed in 26 years was losing a cup final.

You want us to go down so we can win the Championship? :D

Gomes was good before his injury.
Well he had scored one goal, a cracker vWolves, no assists, one really great game in the Anfield Derby but apart from that he was mostly mediocre at best, giving stupid fouls away in dangerous areas mixed with a couple of good passes now and again, he was also as slow before the injury as he was after. Barcelona couldn’t get rid of him quick enough and their fans lost no sleep over his departure.

'the people in charge at Everton' that usually includes the manager.

Well in this case it was about how the club has been run, don't try and tell me what I meant bud, because you're totally wrong.

I've been much more critical of Brands and the idiots in charge for the last few years than I have been of Benitez.

I can be critical of Benitez for our performances on the pitch, and i have been. I have also praised him when I think he's got it right. End of the day we've won one game in five so we need to improve. He's not helped by the fact our squad is so thin and that isn't on him.

Well in this case it was about how the club has been run, don't try and tell me what I meant bud, because you're totally wrong.

I've been much more critical of Brands and the idiots in charge for the last few years than I have been of Benitez.

I can be critical of Benitez for our performances on the pitch, and i have been. I have also praised him when I think he's got it right. End of the day we've won one game in five so we need to improve. He's not helped by the fact our squad is so thin and that isn't on him.
I can only go by what you put down. If you criticise the people in charge at EVerton, it's reasonable for me to assume that includes the manager.

We will have Holgate as our midfield playmaker before long at this rate.Supporting Everton these days resembles 1980-83, watching the RS win everywhere at home and Europe with great attacking players like Rush/Dalglish whilst we had Mick Ferguson and Alan Bailey. Now we have Rondon whilst they have Salah/ Mane. We are light years behind them. Sad times.
I was watching some old games on youtube the other night from 80-83 and you are right the comparison is very similar and depressing

Status
Not open for further replies.