2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest issue I see is that none of our other options have the legs to get around the pitch. It was the same when we had Gana we were so reliant on him it was ridiculous. It's the same now we should really look at buying players with similar attributes to back up our first teamers they are never going to have the same quality but the drop off is ridiculous and bad squad planning. See also our issues at right and left back one injury and we are into make shift options..

We will have to move to a 433. Allan with Davies and Gbamin or Gomes. Maybe Onyango may see some minutes...

Was so optimistic after the first 4-5 games of the season and now it’s all been sucked out of me…Feels like last season all over again!

What’s going on at this club?

Was so optimistic after the first 4-5 games of the season and now it’s all been sucked out of me…Feels like last season all over again!

What’s going on at this club?
Supporting Everton goes like this
WWDWD we go oooohhh we can go 2nd and we will finish blah blah then WALLOP!
LLDLDL ‘kin garbage him and him and him, then the tea lady’s getting it (not literally)

30 years it’s been like that for.

Supporting Everton goes like this
WWDWD we go oooohhh we can go 2nd and we will finish blah blah then WALLOP!
LLDLDL ‘kin garbage him and him and him, then the tea lady’s getting it (not literally)

30 years it’s been like that for.
Yeah in my entire lifetime we’ve gone from:
LLDLDL oh my god we’re getting relegated - scrape staying up to
WWDWDW oh my god we’re going to europe
- fail miserably in final fixtures

Yeah in my entire lifetime we’ve gone from:
LLDLDL oh my god we’re getting relegated - scrape staying up to
WWDWDW oh my god we’re going to europe
- fail miserably in final fixtures
And it won’t change anytime soon mate.
Whatever run were in the opposite one will be just around the corner

I have gone through the anger and the despair, and have now very unfortunately arrived at the optimistic stage of my emotional cycle at this news.

Be that as it may, I think it is imperative that we switch to three in midfield. If we try to replicate Doucoure's role as a like for like then we fail.

The reason for my optimism is that Townsend, Richarlison and Gray as a front three, I think can still counter with pace and allows us to be direct.

With Allan in a midfield three, we basically need two of Davies, Gbamin, Gomes and Iwobi to find some form.

My guess is that will come from Gbamin and Gomes. Gomes has played ok in a three, and if he has Allan and Gbamin moving about covering, then I think he can be effective. The key part is Gbamin and his ability to play an 'athletic' box to box role, considering his injury troubles.

My optimism is incredibly foolish, so please ignore my sentiments. But I do hold a small hope (yes it is the hope that kills you), that we can get through the next 4-5 weeks if we can get a small tune out of two of our four dire midfield options.

Biggest issue I see is that none of our other options have the legs to get around the pitch. It was the same when we had Gana we were so reliant on him it was ridiculous. It's the same now we should really look at buying players with similar attributes to back up our first teamers they are never going to have the same quality but the drop off is ridiculous and bad squad planning. See also our issues at right and left back one injury and we are into make shift options..

We will have to move to a 433. Allan with Davies and Gbamin or Gomes. Maybe Onyango may see some minutes...
You’re right, but I’m sad now. Thanks a lot.

I have gone through the anger and the despair, and have now very unfortunately arrived at the optimistic stage of my emotional cycle at this news.

Be that as it may, I think it is imperative that we switch to three in midfield. If we try to replicate Doucoure's role as a like for like then we fail.

The reason for my optimism is that Townsend, Richarlison and Gray as a front three, I think can still counter with pace and allows us to be direct.

With Allan in a midfield three, we basically need two of Davies, Gbamin, Gomes and Iwobi to find some form.

My guess is that will come from Gbamin and Gomes. Gomes has played ok in a three, and if he has Allan and Gbamin moving about covering, then I think he can be effective. The key part is Gbamin and his ability to play an 'athletic' box to box role, considering his injury troubles.

My optimism is incredibly foolish, so please ignore my sentiments. But I do hold a small hope (yes it is the hope that kills you), that we can get through the next 4-5 weeks if we can get a small tune out of two of our four dire midfield options.
I think you're right, Benitez has to change the shape to cover for the Dukes absence, which is a killer.

Has to be 3 for me also, Allan and one other will be painful, and probably result in Allan getting injured.

We need whoever goes in with Allan to take there chance (yeah, I know!) - Tommy D, Gbamin, Gomes or onyango or another u23 mid would be my choice. Delph should be excluded from the squad (even if he's fit!) Just like Ghosty, who even with our injuries I'm glad is still unavailable.

Lets hope Gbamins Weetabix thigh muscles can take the strain if he's picked.

I think you're right, Benitez has to change the shape to cover for the Dukes absence, which is a killer.

Has to be 3 for me also, Allan and one other will be painful, and probably result in Allan getting injured.

We need whoever goes in with Allan to take there chance (yeah, I know!) - Tommy D, Gbamin, Gomes or onyango or another u23 mid would be my choice. Delph should be excluded from the squad (even if he's fit!) Just like Ghosty, who even with our injuries I'm glad is still unavailable.

Lets hope Gbamins Weetabix thigh muscles can take the strain if he's picked.
You know how the old saying goes. 140th time is the charm.

I will probably get pelters for this and will happily take them as it does sound a bit stupid. But given our (lack of) options I’d be interested to see us play Holgate as the DM with Allan and one other. I will clarify that this is only if we can’t rely on Gbamin staying fit, which let’s be honest, we might not be able to.

Gomes and Delph aren’t reliable enough/ever fit and also don’t fit the bill. Davies is ok but if he plays just with Allan we will likely get overrun. Onyango is just coming back from a serious injury and is young so who knows how he will do.

Holgate hasn’t been that good for a while but has shown signs when he has played that position before.

I’m massively clutching at straws here but can’t see many other options that are that much better.

My hope is that JPG comes into the team and finally shows us what he can do and then we won’t have to worry as much about square pegs in round holes.

I think every other midfield duo in the league will give as problems without him he's been essential to us this season
We haven't been trying to win the midfield in the traditional way anyway. What changes is that his ability to get forward has made it not matter. We don't really have a replacement in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.