2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it means going back to 4-3-3, I'd let Gomes be the one to sit and take the ball off the defence. There'll be times where he gets swarmed, a la Jorginho under Sarri, but at least it'd free up Doucoure and Allan to get about more.

Delph should have been given the Bolasie / Besic treatment.

This is what I mean. Against Burnley, who will let us have the ball but will press us when trying to play from the back, we'll need a midfielder in who can play it out.

Gomes hasn't been great, but in the first three league games we didn't have half as many issues when it came to building attacks through midfield, and keeping onto the ball.

He was part of that, so let's go back to it, at least for the time being, and simplify it.

Key to 4-3-3 for us is having Richarlison but also having the full-backs, so that also means playing our two back-up full-backs if they are fit.

Kenny - meh, I can take it or leave it, would see Holgate in there if needs be, but on the other side Nkounkou has to play if he's fit.

We can always switch to a three at the back, maybe bringing Iwobi on at right wing-back, when the game is more stretched or if we're chasing a goal.

Too many of our players give the ball away too easily when under no pressure, Doucouré is one of them, we were warned his passing wasn't great. I honestly think that midfield is missing an on form Gomes at the moment it's totally inbalanced.

We thought we had solved the midfield crisis with new signings. Maybe the jury is still out. I agree the passing has been abysmal recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.