2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're talking twenty million plus pounds I'd like a bit more for my buck than what we get from this fella.

He's just badly meh, to add to the collection, he's not getting much better either at this stage of his career.

As stated 9 months ago; Capoue was Watford’s best midfielder but for some reason this donkey was seen as the star
Genuine would be a quality signing for us in Jan on the cheap

Said it in the summer Doucoure is a solid Premier league signing but not good enough to build the team around as some mention we do (people saying we need a dm to unleash Doucoure)

Solid signing and will get better im hoping

I think he's been ok up to now, nothing special, but, solid enough. Today, however, he was poor, be er got into the game, was litmus led by far smaller opponents and his short passi g was abysmal. 4/10 At best today.

....it’s about blend and partnerships. Nobody complained about Doucoure after the Spurs game. He’s not bad, it’s just whether he’s right in the system we play and that he compliments those around him.

The DoF is accountable for all signings because they should fit the system.

....it’s about blend and partnerships. Nobody complained about Doucoure after the Spurs game. He’s not bad, it’s just whether he’s right in the system we play and that he compliments those around him.

The DoF is accountable for all signings because they should fit the system.

Mate, he can’t control or pass a football. That isn’t down to his midfield partner.

Genuine would be a quality signing for us in Jan on the cheap

Said it in the summer Doucoure is a solid Premier league signing but not good enough to build the team around as some mention we do (people saying we need a dm to unleash Doucoure)

Solid signing and will get better im hoping
I actually think he was a stop gap singing, I know that sounds a bit mad spending 20mil on a stop gap.

But we needed more power in the midfield, he certainly gives that, while not having the ability to take us towards the top 4. Maybe he wasn’t first choice, obviously we wanted hojberg( was that for Doucoure or Allan) anyway maybe the players we wanted, didn’t want to come or they Were overpriced. I can see him being moved on in 18/30 months at 29/30 when we still probably get half our money back

Knew very little of him before we signed him. All i thought was 27 and peak of career was watford. Which concerned me. First few games very good. Now hot n cold.
Maybe thats what you get buying relegated players. I dunno. But to early to give him stick. He's at least shown he can do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.