2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a nightmare. Kept giving the ball away and the miss was atrocious. What was most worrying was his attitude. That last effort by Leeds in the 92nd minute he just stood in the penalty area whilst the player went past him and it was a great save from Pickford that saved his blushes.

Think he was dead on his feet mate. He was moved all over the pitch by the manager whilst also trying to support the attack and defence. Had our best chance and probably should have scored.

We´re surrendering control of the midfield every single week so something needs to change quickly and it´s probably pulling him out of the team. No idea who we bring in though.

I've said it before and everyone decided to shut me down, but I'll say it again. Doucoure has Lukaku's first touch. It's frightening having a midfielder who doesn't know where the ball will ping off.
It’s a fair comparison. Touch like a trampoline springs to mind.

Knew next to nothing about him at Watford so didn’t know what to expect. He’s a good athlete and covers plenty of ground, but his ability on the ball is average. He’s ok carrying the ball when running, but then doesn’t have the ability to make the right pass or shoot by the looks of it.

If you are going to play him then you need a ball playing midfielder next to him, not someone like Allan. It’s overkill in terms of graft with the two of them. Six of the last seven games opposing midfields have dominated with their greater ability on the ball. A weak midfield then leaves any deficiencies at the back and in nets exposed, and there are plenty of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.