2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry didn't ask what system you're using and I only know the Microsoft one.

Key strokes
  • Microsoft Windows users can type an "é" by pressing Alt+130 or Alt+0233 on the numeric pad of the keyboard. "É" can be typed by pressing Alt+144 or Alt+0201.
  • On US International and UK Englishkeyboard layouts, users can type the acute accent letter "é" by typing AltGR+E.
    • This method can also be applied to many other acute accented letters which do not appear on the standard US English keyboard layout.
  • In Microsoft Word, users can press Ctrl+' (apostrophe), then E or ⇧ Shift+E for "é" or "É".
  • On macOS, users can press ⌥ Option+E, then E or ⇧ Shift+E for "é" or "É".
  • Using a compose key, users can hold Compose and press ' (apostrophe) E for "é" or Compose ' (apostrophe) ⇧ Shift+E for "É".
  • On a standard Android, Windows Mobile, or iOS keyboard, users can hold the E key until special characters appear, slide to the é, and release.
It's ok I sussed it, thanks to your Alt suggestion.

Want to see him add the attacking element also. Rattle off a few shots from distance.

Problem is with Gomes being immobile he can't go too futher forward as it leaves Allan without additional cover on the counter.

If Gomes had the pace to get about the pitch I think Doucoure would have more licence to bomb forward.

Its why I mentioned a few days ago that it will be interesting to see once Gbamin is fit and ready if he will rotate with Gomes in games where we are sat back more - as like Doucoure he's more box to box which would allow Doucoure at times to burst forward knowing Gbamin has the defensive attributes to cover him should we be hit on the counter.

Problem is with Gomes being immobile he can't go too futher forward as it leaves Allan without additional cover on the counter.

If Gomes had the pace to get about the pitch I think Doucoure would have more licence to bomb forward.

Its why I mentioned a few days ago that it will be interesting to see once Gbamin is fit and ready if he will Gomes place in games where we are sat back more - as like Doucoure he's more box to box which would allow Doucoure at times to burst forward knowing Gbamin has the defensice attributes to cover him should we be hit on the counter.

I want to see Gbamin fit as he gives us decent cover across so many positions but I can’t see Carlo dropping Gomes. He’s played him constantly since he’s arrived, even when not fully fit, and he’s the only midfield player to keep his place in the team. I think he does a lot of stuff Carlo wants on that side of midfield, link play down the flank, get it off the centrebacks, suck in opposition players, and spring the ball out quickly, that’s what is giving James more time and space on the right.

Are you Gomes agent? lol

I like you mate but its a big boys forum - we can talk about tactics and rotating players without the need to throw rattles out the pram.
Mate you're always disparaging towards certain players though, like I said yesterday once in your sights you hammer them no matter how they play. Personally I don't get how you can't see what Gomes brings to that midfield. Nobody is throwing toys out of the pram are they, you just baffle me at times but I know your hearts in the right place

Mate you're always disparaging towards certain players though, like I said yesterday once in your sights you hammer them no matter how they play. Personally I don't get how you can't see what Gomes brings to that midfield. Nobody is throwing toys out of the pram are they, you just baffle me at times but I know your hearts in the right place

But again its just my opinion- which has no bearing on Gomes future at the club.

I disagree with a lot what others post but I just scroll past its literally that simple.

Maybe I just have perspective in life but when you have people crying over someone else's opinions on football during a worldwide pandemic there is something wrong with the world lol

And to answer your post mate - did I say drop Gomes? Nope I said you cant expect Doucoure to bomb forward in games like yesterday where we had to be very mindful about getting caught on the counter which is why I said in these types of games if Doucoure wants more licence to burst forward it'll be interesting to see if Gbamin comes in and allows him to do it.

Its a squad game - different opponents should equal different tactics and personnel.

All in all just enjoy being top of the table instead of arguing with other Blues!

But again its just my opinion- which has no bearing on Gomes future at the club.

I disagree with a lot what others post but I just scroll past its literally that simple.

Maybe I just have perspective in life but when you have people crying over someone else's opinions on football during a worldwide pandemic there is something wrong with the world lol

And to answer your post mate - did I say drop Gbamin? Nope I said you cant expect Doucoure to bomb forward in games like yesterday where we had to be very mindful about getting caught on the counter which is why I said in these types of games if Doucoure wants more licence to burst forward it'll be interesting to see if Gbamin comes in and allows him to do it.

Its a squad game - different opponents should equal different tactics and personnel.

Are you serious, give your head a shake fella jesus. You're the biggest cry baby on the forum kin 'ell alternative universe stuff this

Are you serious, give your head a shake fella jesus. You're the biggest cry baby on the forum kin 'ell alternative universe stuff this

You say that but I literally just post my opinions on football mate.

I don't go around crying because someone does or doesn't like a certain footballer.

As I said I like you mate but you're entering Joey territory of spending more time attacking peoples opinions on his favourite player than actually enjoying the rare time we are actually playing well.

If you want to live in a world where everyone agrees with you and there is no other opinions or discussion cool I personally think thats boring and dont get how people survive going the game listening to random opinions of tipsy Blues for 90 minutes.

3 great wins out of 3 with a revamped midfield in a new system

... "let's change the midfield"

As @Terrarian done you've jumped in without reading the initial post.

No one mentioned dropping Gomes - we mentioned if Doucoure wants to bomb forward in games like yesterday you need someone more box to box instead of Gomes to be able to cover.

In what world that translates to "Gomes is not good enough he needs dropping NOW FGS!" I dont know.

And to answer your post mate - did I say drop Gomes? Nope I said you cant expect Doucoure to bomb forward in games like yesterday where we had to be very mindful about getting caught on the counter which is why I said in these types of games if Doucoure wants more licence to burst forward it'll be interesting to see if Gbamin comes in and allows him to do it.

All in all just enjoy being top of the table instead of arguing with other Blues!
Lads it’s horses for courses, Gomes will be a shoe in some games but when Ghamin is back and fit we may take a different approach or even play James slightly deeper depending on the opponents. I think there is a lot of scope for flexibility with our formations with Gordon and our new french sensation from Marseille.

Lads it’s horses for courses, Gomes will be a shoe in some games but when Ghamin is back and fit we may take a different approach or even play James slightly deeper depending on the opponents. I think there is a lot of scope for flexibility with our formations with Gordon and our new french sensation from Marseille.

Thats what I think mate - if you become one dimensional like we were under Martinez & Silva its too easy to be found out.

Moyes was a dinosaur but he did change things up over his tenure to combat other teams strengths and I think Carlo is also similar to that.

You have the exceptions to that rule like City and RS who play one way but they have the quality of player to do it.

Thats what I think mate - if you become one dimensional like we were under Martinez & Silva its too easy to be found out.

Moyes was a dinosaur but he did change things up over his tenure to combat other teams strengths and I think Carlo is also similar to that.

You have the exceptions to that rule like City and RS who play one way but they have the quality of player to do it.
Ancelotti has said a few times we won’t have one way of playing for the reason you mentioned too easy to combat. I think the makeup of our new midfield gives us a lot options formation wise which I think we will see a lot through the season

I agree I think we have a big opportunity here not just tactically but Carlo is a great man manager and I think there will big opportunities this year for some of the younger players. The important thing is to keep everyone on their toes, competition all over the park and togetherness in the squad. I can see that from the performance on Wednesday and the league games. Every player will have to up their performances by 20% to match the new signings we have brought in and have a chance of playing. It’s early days but I’m optimistic mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.