2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming you mean Doucoure too, I just can't agree with that. We got completely overrun in games with them in there too. Leeds at home our midfield was absolutely massacred, Kalvin Phillips totally ran the game and we didn't lay a glove on him. Burnley away, second half at Fulham etc were the same. We're falling into the trap of remembering only the good things and making out like things would be totally different with Allan and Doucoure in the side when the evidence of that is pretty sparse.

Spurs away they seemed to play well well one another, but hard to think of many more where I was quite taken aback by them, but strangely I think both have had a good season in their own way.

Oddly I think Doucoure's best performances came when he played as a 6, in games like Leicester away. I didn't think he had those sort of games in him, but he was magnificent. It's a bit puzzling he hasn't been used their since.

They certainly aren’t a regular partnership. They don’t link up much at all.
Yeah, that's my take they're different enough that it could work. And it has been ok in some matches. Just not sure long term.

Bringing it back to the thread , an energetic, defensively sound midfield 3 including Doucoure could allow Richarlison to play genuinely forward on the left, with DCL central and James to the right. I.e. a more defensively secure version of our early season matches.

Yeah, that's my take they're different enough that it could work. And it has been ok in some matches. Just not sure long term.

Bringing it back to the thread , an energetic, defensively sound midfield 3 including Doucoure could allow Richarlison to play genuinely forward on the left, with DCL central and James to the right. I.e. a more defensively secure version of our early season matches.
I know exactly where you are coming from.
Somehow the forwards have to play closer or the midfield has to get closer to pick up second ball from DCL holdup play.

I knew we would go on this horrid run of form the second DOUCS got injured. I have barely been following Everton since. Maybe next year I suppose

I knew we would go on this horrid run of form the second DOUCS got injured. I have barely been following Everton since. Maybe next year I suppose
The performances are no different. Maybe Doucoure is a wizard who puts spells on the ball that let it go in for us and not for them but I'm guessing it is more likely our luck has finally turned.

Status
Not open for further replies.