2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.

One game it’s taken for the small minority of idiots who didn’t rate him to realise that our only midfielder with legs is actually quite important.
I’m able to understand both that he’s not particularly good in the grand scheme of things, and that his ability to cover ground and move at more than 1mph is very important to us.

What do you base this on.....still has a massive amount to do to do to prove anywhere near good enough

Good enough for what?

We are crap.

Everton - the club - is crap. It's a nothing club.

We're trying to get better, but we're a very average side, and Doucoure has proved one of our better players because he, generally - as frustrating as he can sometimes be trying to play too quickly - has stuff that the majority of our team lack (namely: energy, power and pace).

We need more players who have those basics and the skill on top. Because our recruitment has been God awful and we've ended up spunking massive money on players with half of one and none of the others or Iwobi, with a few notable exceptions (none of whom performed well tonight).

Good enough for what?

We are crap.

Everton - the club - is crap. It's a nothing club.

We're trying to get better, but we're a very average side, and Doucoure has proved one of our better players because he, generally - as frustrating as he can sometimes be trying to play too quickly - has stuff that the majority of our team lack (namely: energy, power and pace).

We need more players who have those basics and the skill on top. Because our recruitment has been God awful and we've ended up spunking massive money on players with half of one and none of the others or Iwobi, with a few notable exceptions (none of whom performed well tonight).
Agree with some of this, but the thing is most Blues want Doucoure to be better than he actually is.

I’m able to understand both that he’s not particularly good in the grand scheme of things, and that his ability to cover ground and move at more than 1mph is very important to us.

I agree.

He’s not a technically gifted player by any means but he’s absolutely vital to us due to the deficiencies of others.

I “rate him” compared to the others, really. And I do think he does a good job and can do while surrounded by better players in future.

It shows hot utterly pathetic our midfield options are, that by simply being able to run around a lot, Doucoure. is a big miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.