Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sensible enough by Watford unfortunately, they want our good young players and not the absolute dross we're desperate to get rid of

Im shocked Gordon hasnt gone out on loan tbh - if he plays much out on the left it means one of Bernard or Iwobi is sat out on big wages all season.

I would rather him than either of the other pair so hoping we get rid of atleast one.

Sensible enough by Watford unfortunately, they want our good young players and not the absolute dross we're desperate to get rid of

If we HAVE to give up Gordon for a year to get this over the line, should we do it?

We do have 2 players with decent premier League experience in that position. Albeit they look worse and worse and worse with each passing week.

Hopefully it won't come to it, but the decision is definitely a tricky one.

I'd let them have branthwaite for a year and either we go with Gibson as our 4th choice or we go and get another centre back on loan.

Gordon is ready for the first team and should be going nowhere.
Why sacrifice Branthwaite who has already shown he can perform in the first team for Gibson who is behind him? Doesn’t make any sense to me.
If Rodríguez arrives it means we lose less depth if we loan Gordon.
However the simple answer is we should not agree to either loan , they should both be in the squad this season being coached by Ancelotti not cast off to some useless southern outfit who have become a byword for managerial instability.

If we HAVE to give up Gordon for a year to get this over the line, should we do it?

We do have 2 players with decent premier League experience in that position. Albeit they look worse and worse and worse with each passing week.

Hopefully it won't come to it, but the decision is definitely a tricky one.

No. Gordon is a breath of fresh air and good enough now to be in the first 15 every week.
By hook or by crook the dross(pref iwobi) have to be shown the door.

Why sacrifice Branthwaite who has already shown he can perform in the first team for Gibson who is behind him? Doesn’t make any sense to me.
However the simple answer is we should not agree to either loan , they should both be in the squad this season being coached by Ancelotti not cast off to some useless southern outfit who have become a byword for managerial instability.

I'd rather keep them too, but the need for a player like doucoure is far greater than our need for a player like branthwaite who's minutes should be limited anyway.

If we aren't willing to meet their asking price but they will accept the current offer with branthwaite on loan then I think it's a compromise we should consider.

I want our young players to be in the same environment as these new decent players we are signing. Thats how they'll learn their trade, not by getting booted around against the bottom of the 2nd tier

Im shocked Gordon hasnt gone out on loan tbh - if he plays much out on the left it means one of Bernard or Iwobi is sat out on big wages all season.

I would rather him than either of the other pair so hoping we get rid of atleast one.

100% get rid of Iwobi and play Gordon all season, proper Everton player him, no private jets or rolls Royce in site

Pot/Kettle there.

Status
Not open for further replies.