Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Ancelloti must be aiming for Europe/see it as doable for him to have pulled in Rodrigez/Allan?

If 7th gets Europe then I think it’s doable or if we win a cup. It probably all depends on how arsenal and Spurs do. If they another poor season we might have a chance of finishing a bit higher. Just don’t think we’re anywhere near the top 4 or 5 yet.

hope for th
If 7th gets Europe then I think it’s doable or if we win a cup. It probably all depends on how arsenal and Spurs do. If they another poor season we might have a chance of finishing a bit higher. Just don’t think we’re anywhere near the top 4 or 5 yet.
After the last few years, advice for everton fans should be, Hope for the best of the rest, expect the worst

hope for th

After the last few years, advice for everton fans should be, Hope for the best of the rest, expect the worst

Im certainly in that camp.With the midfield sorted I expect us to finish a few places higher up the league. Which I don’t think is unreasonable. If Doucoure, Allan and James all hit top form and stay fit then maybe something a bit more is on but we are still a top striker, RB, CB and GK short of being a genuine top 6/4 contender for me.

It’s almost like the media overprices our purchases so that it looks like our business doesn’t appear to be as good as it actually is.
More likely to be the club than the media. Bizarrely football works pretty much the opposite of everything else in life when it comes to money. Clubs want to give the impression they've spent more not less, a summer where you spend £50m is generally perceived better than one where you spent £10m.

More likely to be the club than the media. Bizarrely football works pretty much the opposite of everything else in life when it comes to money. Clubs want to give the impression they've spent more not less, a summer where you spend £50m is generally perceived better than one where you spent £10m.

Football has clearly lost touch with the common man. More people would be impressed if we got those 3 for under 40m (which I think is actually the case if Rodriguez was on a free) than if we paid 75m plus for them

Football has clearly lost touch with the common man. More people would be impressed if we got those 3 for under 40m (which I think is actually the case if Rodriguez was on a free) than if we paid 75m plus for them
Yeah I agree, it's just a case of looking like you're competing I suppose. While we'd both say that in theory, the truth is if we'd only paid £10m for these three we'd probably be discussing who else we could bring in because we must have loads more left in the bank. If we think we've spent £50m we accept that there probably isn't much left to play with. You can see why it might be in their interests to let people believe we've splashed the cash.

Doucoure is 27 isn’t he? In his peak years yet they try to make out he’s past it.

Oh found it: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dou...verton-sign-third-midfielder/view/news/370141

Everton have completed their rebuild in midfield with three quick new signings. After signing the 29-year-old Allan and James, the club also managed to complete the transfer of the 27-year-old Abdoulaye Doucouré. The 27-year-old midfielder joins the club from Watford and has signed a contract until 2023 with an option for an extra year.

While the older duo cost the club €25 million each, the Toffees paid even more for Doucouré. According to various English reports, the midfielder joins the club for €28 million.

Very obvious effort to constantly remind us they're not 21 lol

I can't find the article now, read one last night, it mentioned he was 27 three times in the first paragraph before name dropping Allan and Rodriguez and calling them old players too.
And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on us moving
and if they shout, don’t let it change a thing you are doing
hold your head up, Carlo
hold your head up Carlo,
hold your head up Carlo, Hold your head high

Rod Argent knows the score mate! Feck them all!

In a lot of ways they're right though. I'm pleased with the business we've done, but it's not earth shattering. It will make us better, and it's given me a bit of excitement that had been lacking, but i'm not sure that side is going to be giving teams nightmares. I'm not trying to be negative, just honest. We'd do well to finish top 6 with this squad, and if you're an impartial commentator that's kind of a 'meh' thing.
Yes, Thomas could be right, but the body language as he expressed his opinion, was a dismissive, who cares, why are we even talking about this, shrug.
He certainly wasn't impartial.

I know a lot of Arsenal fans who were sad to see Iwobi go and that his best position is actually centre mid.

4-2-3-1
--------------Pickford
Coleman - Holgate - Mina - Digne
----------Allan - Doucoure
--- James --- Iwobi ----- Richarlison
------------- DCL

They say Ancelotti favours 4-2-2-2

------------ Pickford
Coleman --- Holgate - Mina - Digne
----------Allan -- Doucoure
----- Iwobi ------------------ James
--------Richarlison ---- DCL

Personally I'd like to see:
------------ Pickford
---------------Allan
------ Doucoure ---- Gomes -----------
Richarlison ----------------------James
--------------------DCL
I like your third team. Looks good on paper. Looks better than any line up from last season. And we should have a strong bench this season also....With hopefully our few promising youngsters not being discarded.
Surely Ancelotti will get those players to click.........Interesting times ahead.
I also haven't given up on Iwobi. He's a squad player. Our fringe players just might up their game. If our new signings can hit the ground running then our fringe players need to up their game also to keep in touching distance of the first 11.
Here's hoping that everyone can raise their game. A few players hopefully playing out of their skin can maybe inspire and drag everyone along with them.
I'm banking on the feel good factor that these new signings should bring.
Everyone on their A game. That can only be good for Everton.
No more stragglers. No more deadwood. No more nonsense.
Our better players step up..........our fringe players step up....... Everyone steps up.
Ancelotti sets up and plays positive football. His passing game might not look so bad with better players who are comfortable on the ball.
Our defence benefits.........our attack benefits........we all benefit.
Well that's the theory.........let's see how it all pans out. Rant over.
Ps.........I haven't given up on Iwobi.........let's see what happens.

Last edited:
I know a lot of Arsenal fans who were sad to see Iwobi go and that his best position is actually centre mid.

4-2-3-1
--------------Pickford
Coleman - Holgate - Mina - Digne
----------Allan - Doucoure
--- James --- Iwobi ----- Richarlison
------------- DCL

They say Ancelotti favours 4-2-2-2

------------ Pickford
----------Allan -- Doucoure
----- Iwobi ------------------ James
--------Richarlison ---- DCL

Personally I'd like to see:
------------ Pickford
---------------Allan
------ Doucoure ---- Gomes -----------
Richarlison ----------------------James
--------------------DCL
I like your third team. Looks good on paper. Looks better than any line up from last season. And we should have a strong bench this season also....With hopefully our few promising youngsters not being discarded.
Surely Ancelotti will get those players to click.........Interesting times ahead.
I also haven't given up on Iwobi. He's a squad player. Our fringe players just might up their game. If our new signings can hit the ground running then our fringe players need to up their game also to keep in touching distance of the first 11.
Here's hoping that everyone can raise their game. A few players hopefully playing out of their skin can maybe inspire and drag everyone along with them.
I'm banking on the feel good factor that these new signings should bring.
Everyone on their A game. That can only be good for Everton.
No more stragglers. No more deadwood. No more nonsense.
Our better players step up..........our fringe players step up....... Everyone steps up.
Ancelotti sets up and plays positive football. His passing game might not look so bad with better players who are comfortable on the ball.
Our defence benefits.........our attack benefits........we all benefit.
Well that's the theory.........let's see how it all pans out. Rant over.
Ps.........I haven't given up on Iwobi.........let's see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.