2017/18 Aaron Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He always gives good cover to the FB and it was a useful run out for him yesterday
Thought he looked sharp, indeed sharper than Ademola

I'd play him against Chelsea instead of Holgate or Martina should we play 5-3-2 like we did against City.

He is a more natural wingback and always puts a shift in.

Only problem last time we played 5 at the back against Chelsea, we got sausaged 5-0

Over the course of the season he will give us an important option. It should have been the reverse last night - start with Lennon because we needed to keep the ball and frustrate them, then bring Lookman on later.

Not travelled with the squad to Italy, anyone know if he's injured or if it's a personal issue?

Still a good squad player and right now could offer a fair bit on our right given our lack of pace and a right back who needs all the help he can get.

Not travelled with the squad to Italy, anyone know if he's injured or if it's a personal issue?

Still a good squad player and right now could offer a fair bit on our right given our lack of pace and a right back who needs all the help he can get.

Given his workrate and pace, I've always wondered if he might be an option as a right wingback if we were to go with a three at the back system again at any point. Doubt it'll happen though in all honesty

Given his workrate and pace, I've always wondered if he might be an option as a right wingback if we were to go with a three at the back system again at any point. Doubt it'll happen though in all honesty

Thought the same tbh, when Coleman got injured before the derby last season I was saying as much. But that's around the time his personal issues kept him from playing so alas never got to see if it was something Koeman would consider.

I'd give the lad a go right now - he'd provide pace and also a bit more experience down the right side, to either bail out Martina or help bring on Kenny.

I'd give the lad a go right now - he'd provide pace and also a bit more experience down the right side, to either bail out Martina or help bring on Kenny.

Know what you're saying mate, but shouldn't we not be playing players who need to be 'bailed out' in the first place ?

Status
Not open for further replies.