A public apology to LCAB- Fellaini injury prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
While were on apolagies.....

Id like to say sorry to my Liver, and the abuse it take on match days. It's half my fault and half Evertons fault.

Sorry livvie!!

See title.

Public apology to LCAB who was correct re: Fellaini.

Say no more.

How unfortunate that Fellaini should be out. But having read the literature for such an injury:

He should if the surgery goes right and correct physio:

3 months back in very light training (rehabilitation).
@ 12 weeks: All ligaments / tendons should be almost fully healed by then. Although they remain prone to re-tearing...

He should be able to do some light training in May 2010, but basically he won't play until next season until the connective tissues strengthen over time, which is another 12 weeks.

Basically its about prevention of re-injury with that timescale....

Can you explain the Van Persie - cheese phenomenon and whether Fellaini should use a Dutch cheese or something more Belgian? Possibly Moroccan?

I don't get how cheese helps?

Doctor?

is this one of those injuries that requires either placenta or foreskin to be rubbed on the area ?

we could organise some kind of shift system to get him back quicker, i'm goin 1st though i wouldn't wanna follow any of you lot.

You want to read Van Persie's response to having his surgery delayed by that "horse placenta" treatment... he wasn't overly pleased to put it mildly.

The trouble is getting the diagnosis, first week it's never 100% certainty.

Complete ruptures are easier to diagnose due to lack of ability to move joint, loss of stability and severing of pain receptors.

Tears and the severity come in three grades.

Fellaini has a low grade III.

But from whats been published its being treated ultra conservatively - after seeing what happened with Van Persie.

As I said, and depending on Moyes view I would put my house on seeing Fellaini doing light training end of May 2010 and making preseason...

unless:
  • mistake by surgeon
  • complications not picked up on MRI (unlikely)
  • infection

Also. 40% of sports injuries are ankle injuries. But only 3% are ligament ruptures..........

See title.

Public apology to LCAB who was correct re: Fellaini.

Say no more.

How unfortunate that Fellaini should be out. But having read the literature for such an injury:

He should if the surgery goes right and correct physio:

3 months back in very light training (rehabilitation).
@ 12 weeks: All ligaments / tendons should be almost fully healed by then. Although they remain prone to re-tearing...

He should be able to do some light training in May 2010, but basically he won't play until next season until the connective tissues strengthen over time, which is another 12 weeks.

Basically its about prevention of re-injury with that timescale....

Accepted - ON BEHALF OF SOURCE - .
Move on .

However , much love to G.OT. heads for amazing loyalty and support . One Oracle , indeed ....

L.C.A.B. wipes tear from eye .

felli's injury

self inflicted in my opinion deffo stamp on kyrgiakos shame though as he was starting to justify his fee.

if this needs to be moved the please do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.