777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fully agree, it will come down to whether someone with a link to the club will buy it before reaches Administration. A real businessman will wait and see if he can get it for as cheap as possible, it’s catch 22 because we want someone who is business savvy enough to run the club properly but then people will accuse them of things for wanting it on the cheap.
Yeah I remember a few months back when there was talk of another US group and there were suggestions that they were prepared to come in and payoff all the debts but they seemingly wanted Moshiri to just hand the club over on that premise and walk away with nothing which we know is not going to happen. I don't think we will go into Administration but I do think someone will be looking to cut the best deal which is understandable.

Martin Samuel sticking the boot in to PL for not binning off 777 as not fit & proper.
Finishes by saying:
“Too hard with the penalties for financial breaches, the League was not nearly hard enough in ensuring Everton did not just go to hell.”

His take on EFC falling in to administration
To be fair Samuel he's been a big supporter of us recently.

Fully agree, it will come down to whether someone with a link to the club will buy it before reaches Administration. A real businessman will wait and see if he can get it for as cheap as possible, it’s catch 22 because we want someone who is business savvy enough to run the club properly but then people will accuse them of things for wanting it on the cheap.
It's a weird one though, because while they might get the club cheaply, they're essentially buying a Championship club if we've gone into administration, with no guarantee of a return after the inevitable relegation next season. With such a huge drop in revenues is it even worth the hassle?

This could all be bloody put to bed with them so easily whether they're giving us cash or not, if the league would just come out with a statement saying they've failed the fit and proper test and they can do one..

There is no way the premier league want these filth polluting the game over here ( In the greatest league in the world !! ) 🙄
But if they did that and we went into administration the next day, wouldn't people then be saying the Premier League have screwed us because they knew that would happen? It's becoming clearer they're showing restraint by allowing this situation to carry on with 777 loaning money, to allow the possibility of something else happening. If they pull the plug they may well be pulling the plug on the entire club.

This situation is not because 777 are involved. I'd argue we'd be relegated now if they hadn't been loaning that money, because nobody was buying the club until the deductions were finished and they knew if we were staying up or not.

By keeping 777 hanging, the club may have been given a last chance to find a buyer that it probably didn't deserve.

It's a weird one though, because while they might get the club cheaply, they're essentially buying a Championship club if we've gone into administration, with no guarantee of a return after the inevitable relegation next season. With such a huge drop in revenues is it even worth the hassle?
Whilst publicly we are not aware of any other interested buyers who are said to be lurking on the sidelines, I’d be surprised if anyone would allow us to go into administration just to buy us in a ‘pre pack’ arrangement, as the better players would then be sold. If as has been indicated we have enough cash flow/working capital to fund the next month or two, I’d expect a purchase to come forward if administration is very close as this would force Moshiri’s hand.

No buyer is going to purchase the team for anything short of a deep discount if they believe another point deduction is imminent. This season will not repeat with 3 horrible promoted sides. You will be back needing close to 40 points next season as usual to stay up and if they have to sell the best talent without being able to spend most of it AND lose points, the chances of survival seem problematic.

If administration is inevitable is it not best to take it sooner rather than struggle on? I want to hit rock bottom sooner so we can start to look forward again