777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

No buyer is going to purchase the team for anything short of a deep discount if they believe another point deduction is imminent. This season will not repeat with 3 horrible promoted sides. You will be back needing close to 40 points next season as usual to stay up and if they have to sell the best talent without being able to spend most of it AND lose points, the chances of survival seem problematic.
This notion that the 3 sides coming up from the Championship are all forces to be reckoned with is just scaremongering for the sake of it. Leicester are facing a chunky points deduction, Ipswich aren’t exactly an established premier league side and the third side is yet to be decided. Burnley were promoted with 100+ points and Pep junior in charge last season and have been lauded for playing football ‘the right way’ whilst being beaten every week in the PL.
I fully accept this will be a challenging summer and we may struggle next season, but let’s stop just making stuff up to suit that agenda. Without points deductions we’d currently be 11th and 22 points clear of Luton in 18th.

Honestly, some people have a lot to answer for making loads of fans thinking administration is any kind of answer to our problems, let alone something we should be looking to actively pursue.
Staff sacked and debts not paid to small businesses throughout the city .

I don’t think we are going into admin but the fact that people feel like it’s a viable even desired option grinds my gears

He’s an accountant and he clearly has some basic knowledge, but f
No buyer is going to purchase the team for anything short of a deep discount if they believe another point deduction is imminent. This season will not repeat with 3 horrible promoted sides. You will be back needing close to 40 points next season as usual to stay up and if they have to sell the best talent without being able to spend most of it AND lose points, the chances of survival seem problematic.
Are you joking? Leicester have a deduction already, Ipswich are miles behind where Burnley were and the other 4 are unlikely to be any better.

I think the gulf is absolutely massive and I don’t think we’ll be getting anywhere near 8 points deducted if we do.

I’m not too bothered tbh.

This notion that the 3 sides coming up from the Championship are all forces to be reckoned with is just scaremongering for the sake of it. Leicester are facing a chunky points deduction, Ipswich aren’t exactly an established premier league side and the third side is yet to be decided. Burnley were promoted with 100+ points and Pep junior in charge last season and have been lauded for playing football ‘the right way’ whilst being beaten every week in the PL.
I fully accept this will be a challenging summer and we may struggle next season, but let’s stop just making stuff up to suit that agenda. Without points deductions we’d currently be 11th and 22 points clear of Luton in 18th.
Totally agree with this watching the playoffs today there doesn’t seem much to be much footballing excellence on show

The Anti-Esk did the math.

Well as much as I think he’s no more right or wrong than the Esk, hasn’t he completely forgotten about player amortisation (are we at about £80m pa???)
So that £20m to spend on players becomes minus £60m.
Now, I’m pretty sure my maths isn’t quite right, but it’s clear he’s no accountant either?

Well as much as I think he’s no more right or wrong than the Esk, hasn’t he completely forgotten about player amortisation (are we at about £80m pa???)
So that £20m to spend on players becomes minus £60m.
Now, I’m pretty sure my maths isn’t quite right, but it’s clear he’s no accountant either
Well, the whole thing falls apart at getting 80million cash upfront for somebody not called Branthwaite or Pickford for me.

But hats off to him for using outside the box thinking.