777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The thing is... making everton a commercially successful brand in the biggest money spinning league in the world benefits 777 and it's investors massively.

They say their motivation is to make each club they own self sustainable so financially I can't see them offsetting one income towards other clubs.

Couple of things I feel will happen is...any further borrowing will be away from football. Any interest that needs paying on borrowing will be topped up by those investments outside of football - offsets and clever accounting. They'll also be from people they have close relationships with...so they'll be no wolf at the door calling them in.

Add to the fact they won't spend a penny on the squad, the increase in revenue will go to running the club day to day.

Not logical in my opinion mate. So Everton - provided they are in the PL - the asset appreciates just by staying still, so it requires some maintenance but not massive investment.

From 777 point of view Everton comes with high priced assets - you could sell DCL for 50 mill and give everyone 10-15 mill. Would Standard Leige get into the CL - if they had 15 mill or even the 40 mill to spend as per earlier. Once they are in the CL you get the prize money and increased value etc.

Think of it this way - will 40 mill get Everton in to the CL in the PL? No. Will £40 mill get Leige in to the CL in Belgium and increase the clubs value - highly likely.

Its just one arbitory example.

The rest of thepost mate i think is highly speculative - there is little evidence to support it in my opinion mate! ;)

Not logical in my opinion mate. So Everton - provided they are in the PL - the asset appreciates just by staying still, so it requires some maintenance but not massive investment.

From 777 point of view Everton comes with high priced assets - you could sell DCL for 50 mill and give everyone 10-15 mill. Would Standard Leige get into the CL - if they had 15 mill or even the 40 mill to spend as per earlier. Once they are in the CL you get the prize money and increased value etc.

Think of it this way - will 40 mill get Everton in to the CL in the PL? No. Will £40 mill get Leige in to the CL in Belgium and increase the clubs value - highly likely.

The rest of thepost mate i think is highly speculative - there is little evidence to support it in my opinion mate! ;)
Everton won't stay in the PL very long if you employ that sort of strategy.

I dunno. Finishing 7th in the PL gets you £50mill prize money. Liege getting into the CL and their league prize money wouldn't even get near that.

So the priority of getting Everton to be higher up the table and more successful is more beneficial financially.

I dunno. Finishing 7th in the PL gets you £50mill prize money. Liege getting into the CL and their league prize money wouldn't even get near that.

So the priority of getting Everton to be higher up the table and more successful is more beneficial financially.

Man City got £42 million odd in merit payments for winning the PL last year mate, so whoever finished 7th is doing better! ;)

But you can have both, £20 mill in merit payment isn't a lot for Everton to dent the PL, but it would it Belgium or the French second division or Vasco in Brazil. The premise being, you direct funds from highest producing assets to the lesser successful ones to over all increase the value of your stable of clubs.

There is nothing to stop it.

That's the point mate, there is nothing to stop it.
Then they don't make money though so it's pointless. The only other way something like that could work is with an A grade recruitment setup ala Brighton and we would have to be constantly turning over players, probably 2-3 every season and at decent fee's. I totally get your theory but I just don't see it somehow although these guys do scare me a bit. I have visions of them turning BMD into a giant electronic billboard!

Then they don't make money though so it's pointless. The only other way something like that could work is with an A grade recruitment setup ala Brighton and we would have to be constantly turning over players, probably 2-3 every season and at decent fee's. I totally get your theory but I just don't see it somehow although these guys do scare me a bit. I have visions of them turning BMD into a giant electronic billboard!

Its not a forgone conclusion, the belief is they back themselves to manage it - while me an you think it could relegate us.

In fact the way the deal is very heavily structured, they pay less for us the worse we do. The more we fail, the less they pay.

What could go wrong.

Its not a forgone conclusion, the belief is they back themselves to manage it.

In fact the way the deal is very heavily structured, they pay less the worse they do. The more we fail, the less they pay.

What could go wrong.
If we end up down in the Championship it will make a huge difference to them in terms of the TV revenue

If we end up down in the championship it will make a huge difference to them in terms of the TV revenue

If - being the key word.

There is a relegation clause built into the deal, if we go down - Moshiri receive less. If we qualify for Europe he receives more. If we sell Pickford, Moshiri gets a cut of that too. The deal is heavily structured.

They are backing themselves - from their point of view - why not- its their only ticket to the party!

If we end up down in the Championship it will make a huge difference to them in terms of the TV revenue

It would be a blow but even if 777 haven't put a clause in the deal to offset this there are some advantages (from their point of view). Parachute payments soften things and it may be easier to re-structure as they'd get less grief and lower expectations from the fans.

No one would blame 777 if Pickford, Onana and others don't want to play in the Champ' however the pressure to keep and improve the playing staff remains fierce (and expensive) if we win the bottom 10 mini league.

Gates may hold up well, at least for a season or three, due to fan ̶s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶i̶t̶y̶ loyalty so they'd have some buffer there.

Man City got £42 million odd in merit payments for winning the PL last year mate, so whoever finished 7th is doing better! ;)

But you can have both, £20 mill in merit payment isn't a lot for Everton to dent the PL, but it would it Belgium or the French second division or Vasco in Brazil. The premise being, you direct funds from highest producing assets to the lesser successful ones to over all increase the value of your stable of clubs.

There is nothing to stop it.

The Athletic makes out that's UK only merit. International TV deal merits doubles that figure based on the new TV deal

City made £70 odd mill last season on merit based prize money finishing top.

I don't have any details obviously, but they're not using their own money to purchase Everton, and it looks like they're getting financing from A-Cap for the others as well.

Given that, I'm sure there are covenants related to how cash flow between the entities that would likely prevent something like that happening.

A Billionaire who gave us massive investment and a new stadium ?

A Champions League winning manager ?

Both miles better than some Ponzi Scheme Yanks and the Tory dosser that followed on from Mr Benitez.

We're in big trouble my friend - 777 are not friends of ours.
See that top line and bottom line I’ve bolded? That’s why we’re in trouble, we’re owned by a sham of a billionaire who was fronting the money for an oligarch and kept on the single worst chairman in the club’s history twice, who’s ailing health means he can’t even physically do his job

A past it manager who was given the basis of a squad that had tailed off from challenging for Europe and decided to destroy our creativity by turfing out two popular players, one in the summer, one in winter and had zero care or answer to stopping our slide down the table

Lampard proved not to be the answer in the end but he actually gave a toss about the job and was pretty much the only figure at the club standing when the board and owner went persona non grata for weeks

777 might not be the whole answer but they’ll put actual people who know what they’re doing on footballing matters in charge to help stem the deep wounds Moshiri, Kenwright and co have left behind