777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just how ‘in the dark’ is everyone on this? Are there no indications whatsoever on the following:

How much money is required for 777 (or somebody else) to gain control of Everton?

If 777 are actually capable of obtaining the required amount to gain control, how is the payment being structured…

Is it a simple purchase of Moshiri’s shares, with all the money going to Moshiri? Or is the lion’s share going towards paying off debt? Or an unknown combination of the two?

This information is extremely important because the way in which the takeover is being structured could make a really big difference to everything!

At present there are two potential liabilities that make Everton unattractive, which are the prospect of relegation and the ongoing costs of the stadium. But if the risk of relegation is removed, and the stadium costs ultimately become paid for by paying off the debt incurred through its construction, then a new owner could actually end up getting themselves a bargain.

If the figures are relatively low (300 - 500 million) and the lion’s share is going towards paying off our substantial debts, then I think there is an argument to be made that the new owners are getting a very good deal, and that we should be able to attract better owners than 777.

If the takeover involves the removal of debt for the stadium, the new owners are acquiring a well established premier league club in a brand new stadium with a small or nonexistent debt burden.

IF that’s what is on offer, we should be able to attract better than 777.

Short summary: 777 are the only ones willing to pay Moshiris price at the moment.

If the price comes down (if Moshiri takes a bigger loss) then yes, more will be interested.

777 aren’t recapitalizing the club, I doubt they have the money to do so.

Short summary: 777 are the only ones willing to pay Moshiris price at the moment.

If the price comes down (if Moshiri takes a bigger loss) then yes, more will be interested.

777 aren’t recapitalizing the club, I doubt they have the money to do so.

I doubt they have the money to buy Moshiri out, personally.

I doubt they have the money to buy Moshiri out, personally.

I'm sure I read Moshiri was being paid in instalments and there was a minimum total price but no set price? Once the sale is approved 777 will pay him over a number of (short term) years and the payments will be based on a set percentage of the value of the club at the time. That way, 777 get to potentially pay less for us if we are relegated but also if we stay in the PL and the value of the PL is reduced by other factors (European Super League, a Covid-style event during the repayment term...) and Moshiri stands to get paid more if the value of the club increases over the short term the repayments are set under.

It was linked to the 'success' of the football club by staying in the PL with some new stadium 'profits' linked to the money Moshiri has put in to building that.

I might be making this up as I can't recall where I read it so I'm ready for the flak. Moshiri thinks the football club will be a success and so doesn't see this repayment method as a problem. He plain and simply couldn't realise any more of his or anyone else's assets to raise the cash to continue with either the stadium or the football team.

I'm sure I read Moshiri was being paid in instalments and there was a minimum total price but no set price? Once the sale is approved 777 will pay him over a number of (short term) years and the payments will be based on a set percentage of the value of the club at the time. That way, 777 get to potentially pay less for us if we are relegated but also if we stay in the PL and the value of the PL is reduced by other factors (European Super League, a Covid-style event during the repayment term...) and Moshiri stands to get paid more if the value of the club increases over the short term the repayments are set under.

It was linked to the 'success' of the football club by staying in the PL with some new stadium 'profits' linked to the money Moshiri has put in to building that.

I might be making this up as I can't recall where I read it so I'm ready for the flak. Moshiri thinks the football club will be a success and so doesn't see this repayment method as a problem. He plain and simply couldn't realise any more of his or anyone else's assets to raise the cash to continue with either the stadium or the football team.

Moshiri did say sommet like that, the staged payments thing. But he has said a lot over the years. I have said it before, things just do not stack up with this lot. Unless they are a front.

If the club was worth what Moshiri was asking, others with more cash would have been interested.

I mean, it’s a sweetheart deal for 777 in terms of capital requirements and essentially performance bonuses, except no one else thinks the club is worth what they’d eventually pay.

If the club was worth what Moshiri was asking, others with more cash would have been interested.

I mean, it’s a sweetheart deal for 777 in terms of capital requirements and essentially performance bonuses, except no one else thinks the club is worth what they’d eventually pay.

The club is, or will be, worth the new ground. Plus PL status, hopefully. Sure, we have a larger global fanbase than most PL clubs, which could be potential I guess.

Moshiri sells. 777 buy. Ground finished, then sold. Hope I am well wide of the mark, despite the apparent clauses in the BMD ownership model.

Late payments are really not that uncommon in business. The amount of times in my working life I've had people chasing late payment of an invoice is incredible and I've worked across loads of businesses and sectors.

That's not a defence of 777 but I just think sometimes these things can be framed to be a lot more negative than they actually are. They could actually have no money but it also could have just been some person in finance not processing the transfer in time...
Which they usually try to do

He hasn't really come away from the meeting giving them a ringing endorsement has he.

Fair play to Rotherham here,he might be a Kopite but he's got the club and the fans best interests heart. Always thought he seems like a decent enough chap.
He was never going to come away from it giving a ringing endorsement when they haven’t gone through the various regulatory phases.

Imagine he says “yeah they seem spot on” then they fail one of the regulatory steps… he then looks like an idiot. The absence of anything outwardly negative in the statement is a pleasant surprise for me.