777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Amused to read The Esk yesterday seemingly surprised that it would be a leveraged buy out.

It was always going to be one. No one is going to give Moshiri £500million cash and take on £500mill worth of debt.

Before this was even concrete it was always going to be the case of...65% leveraging, around £200mill cash to Mosh, then refinancing the remaining debt/stadium.

He then says we should go into admin lol 😂

Still a yes for me

I dont see any alternative options right now, and we need a sale as soon as possible, because moshiri remaining in charge is not sustainable if he can no longer invest in the club

If we knew there was an alternative buyer out there, or if we knew the club could be financially stable without a sale, then my opinion would change immediately.

But based on my view of the current position, I support a sale as soon as possible, to at least give the club a chance of moving forward.

99 % of what we read on 777 is stuff designed to get clicks from Evertonians or complete conjecture.

The salient facts are:

- We will, as things stand, go into administration without a takeover in next few years
- We cannot be bought with debt, leveraged buyouts are not allowed
- If 777 do not have the money, they will not pass the required criteria and no takeover will happen
- Moshiri will sell to whoever he wants, we unfortunately, do not have a say

On a personal note for me if they do have the money, then I welcome them as at least they will have people who know how to run a modern football club in Spor and Dransfield.

If they don't have the money then we'll all have to pray someone else comes in for us soon.

They are allowed. They voted to agree to a percentage that's rumoured to be 65% of the clubs value.

Still a yes for me

I dont see any alternative options right now, and we need a sale as soon as possible, because moshiri remaining in charge is not sustainable if he can no longer invest in the club

If we knew there was an alternative buyer out there, or if we knew the club could be financially stable without a sale, then my opinion would change immediately.

But based on my view of the current position, I support a sale as soon as possible, to at least give the club a chance of moving forward.

Things to consider...

The league have only ever stopped 1 takeover...PIF with Newcastle that was over turned due to brown envelopes.

Moshiri has positioned the club to be in peril if it doesn't go through.

IF it does get overruled, there will be other buyers waiting in the wings due to all the cards being laid on the table. Which is something on the back of Simon Jordan said being very bullish there would be people with an eye on us.

However due to how murky our books are as well as the asking price... someone will have to back down.

Although I do think many on GOT overestimate our attraction to potential buyers (understandable) I have no doubt there are some watching closely to see if 777 get over the line.

However I fear the state of the end game means most watching would now hope for administration and the option of picking us up for peanuts and without vast debts rather than throwing money and kisses at Moshri. Unlike the fanbase they'd not be as concerned about relegation, because of that very fanbase Everton would be certain to return even if it took a season or three.

I'm not even sure which option I prefer at present.

Although I do think many on GOT overestimate our attraction to potential buyers (understandable) I have no doubt there are some watching closely to see if 777 get over the line.

However I fear the state of the end game means most watching would now hope for administration and the option of picking us up for peanuts and without vast debts rather than throwing money and kisses at Moshri. Unlike the fanbase they'd not be as concerned about relegation, because of that very fanbase Everton would be certain to return even if it took a season or three.

Administration isn't the magic reset button though. That word has been thrown about like it's an option. It's not as it has a huge affect with points deducted, transfer embargoes.

Bottom line is the the stadium needs finishing. If these cowboys can do that...get them in. Regroup and then look at the options going forward.

I'm not advocating 777 are the ones to take us a promise land...but at the moment as a business we need to be refinanced as we could not be a club if it doesn't happen.

I think some fans have got it wrong thinking this takeover means a clean slate, improvement on the pitch etc. Its not. It's a takeover to keep us running as a club.

It's not that we are attractive, more access to the PL and all the cash that brings.
There are only 20 golden tickets with half of them, pretty much off the table, so if you want in, you can't be too picky

We, as a business, are very attractive to investors. However the current asking price has priced us out of most investors bar one

The current prospective buyer is chancing that they get the club. Whether they have the money, where it comes from, red flags etc is worrying but that's the chance 777 are willing to take

If the price drops, then I would suspect more players to the table.

Moshi and co are playing high stakes poker. Have they got the balls to play their hand?

I’ve put no as my answer and now I’m desperately looking at the news every day, willing Sheikh Jassim to swoop in and save us. I think I’m clutching at straws though.