777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just looking at the poll.

8.6% support for these guys is shocking low, given we're currently in the worst ownership situation of our entire history.

They've got so much work to do to get us onside - if they even care about that.
spot on and said it last week. Of those 8.6% most are not actually “in favour” but just want current set up gone .. worrying

Just looking at the poll.

8.6% support for these guys is shocking low, given we're currently in the worst ownership situation of our entire history.

They've got so much work to do to get us onside - if they even care about that.
They had best care, if they want to extract money from the fanbase.

Business in the last thirty years has shown there are two big ways to extract money from people. Make them feel good, and make something easy. 777's history of litigation and unpaid bills suggests they prefer unsustainable option #3: operate in the fringes of legality. It's possible to make money doing that, but those people tend not to be successful sports owners. Sports clubs rarely make things easy for long, because they run in cycles. As for making people feel good, that requires a level of empathy people chronically late on bills and repeatedly in courtrooms tend not to possess.

I don't think you can easily switch it around, to be honest.

And even if you do frame it as you have, that's still really poor.
Yet it is 46.1% that don't want them.
Governments are elected with these sort of figures.

I have yet to be convinced either way , but I'm slightly going towards wanting them on the basis of Moshiri (& Kenwright) will be gone plus they have the right people like Dransfield & Sormaz on board to push the playing side in the right direction.

As I said it's wait & see mate.

They had best care, if they want to extract money from the fanbase.

Business in the last thirty years has shown there are two big ways to extract money from people. Make them feel good, and make something easy. 777's history of litigation and unpaid bills suggests they prefer unsustainable option #3: operate in the fringes of legality. It's possible to make money doing that, but those people tend not to be successful sports owners. Sports clubs rarely make things easy for long, because they run in cycles. As for making people feel good, that requires a level of empathy people chronically late on bills and repeatedly in courtrooms tend not to possess.
It’s a form of confidence trick they are employing as far as I can see.
The trick to the hustle is to let the people fool themselves.
Easy to see on Genoa , enlisting the fans and locals to to contribute to the building of a training facility. They sell as being involved with the club, enhancing the local community.
In reality they are doing the job owners should be doing .
If you invest money in the club or any organisation without having any say in its future or share of its profits, you have been conned.

Yet it is 46.1% that don't want them.
Governments are elected with these sort of figures.

I have yet to be convinced either way , but I'm slightly going towards wanting them on the basis of Moshiri (& Kenwright) will be gone plus they have the right people like Dransfield & Sormaz on board to push the playing side in the right direction.

As I said it's wait & see mate.
Pardon my ignorance, but who are Dransfield and Sormaz?
Sounds like a dodgy firm of solicitors.

The fans were important when all teams used to rely on gate monies income now the big majority comes from Sky TV & sponsorship deals - sadly ....
Yep, was having this discussion earlier today actually. The fans were important and still totally are however, as clubs become businesses in their own right, then it all changes unfortuantely.

Yep, was having this discussion earlier today actually. The fans were important and still totally are however, as clubs become businesses in their own right, then it all changes unfortuantely.
Fans are important from a sponsorship standpoint to be fair. All of these sponsors need the people to see their ads or they are catering to nobody. Their surface level importance has definitely diminished though and it’s a bit sad.