777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
The worry is their long term plan I guess. I just cannot see them pumping the needed funds in to maintain this club. Have ANY of their other clubs been successful?
I’m not sure they have been involved in owning football clubs for very long so I suppose the only thing anyone can say in their defence is its early days. They clearly aren’t the sort of owners who come in and pump millions into clubs so presumably they are working on a longer term strategy to improve them.

Or the worst case scenario is they are incompetent or corrupt and we’ll tank. Devil and the deep blue sea to some extent.

To be fair it was interesting reading something positive about them .
Obviously the supporter sees the bond issue as a way to involve the fans and locals.
Personally I wouldn’t be able to get involved in that way financially, I don’t have enough spare.
And while I do applaud a sensible self sufficient strategy, I feel that the owners should be responsible for infrastructure, at the very least .
If they want to involve supporters in investing in the club , then those supporters should also have some influence in the decision making afterwards.
Otherwise it’s a bit of confidence trick .
It would be interesting to read the opinion of some of the other clubs they own to give some balance.

"The fans are the club"
"The club is nothing without the fans"
"Not just customers"
"The owners are only custodians"
"The fans have the right, etc"

But the owners should pay for everything and do exactly what the fans say.

Theres 40,000 match going fans, and that is a fraction of the many more who can't, don't, won't. We know that many probably struggle financially, especially in these times. But there are also many more who are very well off, as seen by uptake in lounge seats that are expensive and require a 3 year commitment, and others who have already invested or lent money to the club.

Everton have 3m followers on Instagram, im not on other socials, so dont have the numbers, but a very simplistic take is if you can get an average of £200 from those followers alone, the stadium is paid for.

All ive heard recently is how fans have a right to say what they want and Boo DCL off the pitch concussed and looking like the elephant man, all because they spend so much money. £200 is a fraction of what it costs to travel home and away to watch Everton, and thats without spends on ale etc.

There is, even in the current climate, a seemingly large capacity to spend in our fan base and beyond, and if done right, it is a sensible and sustainable way of rasing funds and letting the fans become more involved.

TLDR, I think its a good idea. As long as its legit and not a money grab/excuse for owners to not invest themselves.

"The fans are the club"
"Not just customers"

Theres 40,000 match going fans, and that is a fraction of the many more who can't, don't, won't. We know that many probably struggle financially, especially in these times. But there are also many more who are very well off, as seen by uptake in lounge seats that are expensive and require a 3 year commitment, and others who have already invested or lent money to the club.

Everton have 3m followers on Instagram, im not on other socials, so dont have the numbers, but a very simplistic take is if you can get an average of £200 from those followers alone, the stadium is paid for.

All ive heard recently is how fans have a right to say what they want and Boo DCL off the pitch concussed and looking like the elephant man, all because they spend so much money. £200 is a fraction of what it costs to travel home and away to watch Everton, and thats without spends on ale etc.

There is, even in the current climate, a seemingly large capacity to spend in our fan base and beyond, and if done right, it is a sensible and sustainable way of rasing funds and letting the fans become more involved.

TLDR, I think its a good idea. As long as its legit and not a money grab/excuse for owners to not invest themselves.
Excellent post

I’m not sure they have been involved in owning football clubs for very long so I suppose the only thing anyone can say in their defence is its early days. They clearly aren’t the sort of owners who come in and pump millions into clubs so presumably they are working on a longer term strategy to improve them.

Or the worst case scenario is they are incompetent or corrupt and we’ll tank. Devil and the deep blue sea to some extent.
It’s the worst case that is the issue but, we aren’t in a position to negotiate it seems

Then you still have to blame Moshiri for employing the absolute Buffoon who promoted her and many others, into positions they were no where near qualified for. Neither was the Chairman either as is testament by the unbelievable financial hole we are in.
Not a good plan employing people smarter than you that will show you up … hence the mess …well done Bill

"The fans are the club"
"Not just customers"

i hear what your saying but the owners pay for things and then reap what ever profits when the staduim etc is built so it’s not like there doing it because the fans have asked them to

Can you blame him ? The way money has been wasted by our succession of managers.
Yes, but he wasted it a golden opportunity for him wasted on sacked manager's Inept DOFs & his lack of knowledge on how to run a successful football club ... Buying players with no sell on value proves he is just an accountant -

Our last massive investor, Sir John Moore's ran EFC like his Littlewood's Empire = sucsess - he would not suffer fools .....he believed in our club motto ....

Can you blame him ? The way money has been wasted by our succession of managers.
Is more that i am worried if the 777 deal does not happen now, with the loans msp and 777. Would be more money to pay out for the loans ect and if he sticks to the price he wants will be hard to see who would want to come in for us. I am past being angry with him now just want him out of the club has made mistakes listening to the wrong people. Difference is somebody like kenwright claims of being a fan ect and will not put the club first so he can keep having a say here