777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would a ‘massive invester’ invest through such a shady grouping when he could do it himself?
Unless he was shady himself , I suppose,
Either way I think that is entirely wishful thinking.
My guess would be that a big investor might invest in their football operation as a whole. While their portfolio is underwhelming the model is sound and they have appointed credible people.

If you kick in Everton, a struggling club but a historically big PL club with a world class stadium on the way, you have the major territories covered off and the whole package stars to look an interesting investment opportunity for individual investors or big corporates looking to emulate the RB group.

It might not be their strategy but I could see how a ready made multi club group could appeal to investors- one of the major risks with investing in football is how much the value of your investment depends on the twists and turns of the actual football itself and a single mistake or bad VAR call or injury can cost you millions. Investing in a ready made portfolio hedges that risk a bit across a group of clubs as opposed to one individual one.

Last edited:
Uncle Usi says hi 🖐
Different circumstances entirely though .
Usmanov stayed in the background , so he could put money into the club via sponsorship deals, circumventing restrictions.
But there was never any real doubt who ‘owned’ the club.
I don’t see anyone using 777 in the same way .
Happy to be disabused of that opinion though if you are aware of any mystery invester hiding under their coattails?

I'm quite livid about that don't ask don't tell post, so I am gonna voice my deepest darkest concern about 777 in the event of a positive outcome for the club in the interim. Say the stadium is finished and safe and we stave off relegation for a year. My fears shot up when I read that Wander interview on FT(an outlet for the money people right), first read it as a fan, then understood my mistake and read it as a potential investor. So when he says we have not sufficiently commercialized the product, is he talking about the club or the fans? Consider the fact he says that the fans' intense engagement means that the fans are begging to be monetized.

So then what is this insurance or financial services he speaks of in place of hotdogs and beer to their 'customers'? Insurance is typically when you pay a moderate amount of money in the hope that you get coverage based on the community's efforts (individual direct payments or company investments) to maintain the system in the event of a personal negative event (accident, death, or such). Are fans really going to have such personal events related to the club or is it more conceivable that the personage in question is the club itself? Hence, you sell the owners or potential investors of these clubs insurance to ensure that negative events associated with the club are covered not directly by the investors but by the community effort (i.e. fans first, the club next, and then the investors). This would work only if it is a multi-club model with unique investment partners. So the fast-tracked purchase of the multiple clubs may have been a necessary rather than a sufficient condition.

The fans are essentially there to produce the community effort necessary to not only run our club but also to cover other potential clubs in the event of any negative events (even from mismanagement). In all of this, it begs the question what insurance will these take out (there could be complete nonchalance toward the actual footballing operations)? You win a cup, you get relegated, or you dissolve the club, the portion of the investment is insured. Hertha's previous owner took a stake in the 777 partnership in exchange for the sale.

Is there any positive spin on this model or a possibility of fans(?) having financial services for positive events?
I've read this three times and still struggling to get it. Is your point that 777 takes insurance on it's own clubs as a way of hedging the investment?

I read the interview and I took from it that they would be selling FS products to fans - a flawed strategy in my opinion.

TBF, the only Wanders I had heard of before 777 was Lilo Wanders, a German transvestite from the days of Eurotrash.

Seems fitting somehow

Football Insider (via BBC gossip) reported yesterday that Thelwell submitted three recruitment plans to 777 and got a very cold response and there are concerns within the club about their intentions to invest in the squad. Questionable source I know, although they called Beto if I recall, but concerning if so.

While I understand the stadium is the key to unlock increased revenues etc, those are only likely to be realised with a PL team on the pitch. Hopefully hogwash.

Why would Thelwell have submitted recruitment plans to people who weren't owners of the club?

Not many figures doing the rounds, saw one £500m for shares, £200m to cover debts, £xm more for the stadium, the shares figure seems high. The PL now have a rule limiting leveraged buy outs to 65% of club value. Interesting to see some firmer figures in due course.

Without doing much research but i can see this being a clever move by Moshiri

First, i seriously doubt that he will sell his shares on the cheap to help the club (as being reported), he will make sure he gets all his money back, even if it will take years, even if his children or grandchildren end up being paid.

Second, he might be using 777 as a tool, as a service, they will be the new face of the club, we will no longer be owned by an Iranian billionaire the partner of Russian oligarch, we will now be owned by American investors.

We might never find out who those "partners" are, Moshiri will disappear from the public eye, the old regime will be removed (Kenwright will be out), new board, CEO, Chairman. Money will be available as needed (already mentioned in the club's announcement that the stadium built money is now secured), nobody will knew the "source" of the money, it will always be "partners"/"investors".

The premier league and government/authorities will have an idea about it and will allow it to happen.

The fans will get what they wanted (Moshiri/Kenwright out), authorities will get what they wanted (no longer owned/linked to Russian oligarch), the club already improved the financial fair play thing with the last 3 years of fire sale and wage reduction.

Is it ethical? No, should we care? No
Is it dirty money? Most probably yes, Should we care? No

So who do we rate higher

El Bobble or The Esk
Completely different people and situations really. The Bobble seems to have genuine inside sources and quite often posts reliable information mostly to do with team stuff such as transfers etc. The Esk is into financials, doesn't really have any genuine inside information but is pretty adept at it all and always says that his information is his thoughts and opinions only so sometimes gets things right and sometimes gets things wrong, receives a lot of flak sometimes unjustified but definitely has a better understanding of the financial goings on than most other fans do.

So, I like them both for those different reasons.

I'm quite livid about that don't ask don't tell post, so I am gonna voice my deepest darkest concern about 777 in the event of a positive outcome for the club in the interim. Say the stadium is finished and safe and we stave off relegation for a year. My fears shot up when I read that Wander interview on FT(an outlet for the money people right), first read it as a fan, then understood my mistake and read it as a potential investor. So when he says we have not sufficiently commercialized the product, is he talking about the club or the fans? Consider the fact he says that the fans' intense engagement means that the fans are begging to be monetized.

So then what is this insurance or financial services he speaks of in place of hotdogs and beer to their 'customers'? Insurance is typically when you pay a moderate amount of money in the hope that you get coverage based on the community's efforts (individual direct payments or company investments) to maintain the system in the event of a personal negative event (accident, death, or such). Are fans really going to have such personal events related to the club or is it more conceivable that the personage in question is the club itself? Hence, you sell the owners or potential investors of these clubs insurance to ensure that negative events associated with the club are covered not directly by the investors but by the community effort (i.e. fans first, the club next, and then the investors). This would work only if it is a multi-club model with unique investment partners. So the fast-tracked purchase of the multiple clubs may have been a necessary rather than a sufficient condition.

The fans are essentially there to produce the community effort necessary to not only run our club but also to cover other potential clubs in the event of any negative events (even from mismanagement). In all of this, it begs the question what insurance will these take out (there could be complete nonchalance toward the actual footballing operations)? You win a cup, you get relegated, or you dissolve the club, the portion of the investment is insured. Hertha's previous owner took a stake in the 777 partnership in exchange for the sale.

Is there any positive spin on this model or a possibility of fans(?) having financial services for positive events?
This might be overthinking it a touch. I think it’s more “if we own an insurance company and Everton could we stick a club badge on our insurance products and would people buy it?”.

My guess is that if people perceive (rightly or wrongly) that buying something they need anyway from Everton Insurance rather than say Esure benefits their club then they might.