777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Football Insider (via BBC gossip) reported yesterday that Thelwell submitted three recruitment plans to 777 and got a very cold response and there are concerns within the club about their intentions to invest in the squad. Questionable source I know, although they called Beto if I recall, but concerning if so.

While I understand the stadium is the key to unlock increased revenues etc, those are only likely to be realised with a PL team on the pitch. Hopefully hogwash.

Can the financial experts correct/clarify this:

- The module of this 777 partners/investors is each "investment" has different "investors", i can become one of their "partners" and invest money with them in one or more of their "investments" but not in all of them.
This is where we hope there a massive investor behind our buy out!

So who do we rate higher

El Bobble or The Esk

It is not a like for like comparison. The business side is the Esk’s niche.

Its a simple and straightforward comparison.

Bobble has inside contacts at the club so his informed viewpoint would be using the information the club has.

Esk would be using his experience and financial knowledge.

It would depend on whether the club has been well informed.

Id tend to follow bobble although my own view would also be the esk 'should' be correct.

We had some good times under Moshiri, appointing Carlo, signing Rodriguez, building an iconic new stadium. However, relying on the so called football expertise of wrong people, Covid and Putin all sadly took its toll.
Mosh certainly splashed his cash and backed the board, however misguided.

Do 777 actually have any actual money??
I felt genuine excitement when Moshiri took over, can’t say the same this time round unfortunately.

I'm quite livid about that don't ask don't tell post, so I am gonna voice my deepest darkest concern about 777 in the event of a positive outcome for the club in the interim. Say the stadium is finished and safe and we stave off relegation for a year. My fears shot up when I read that Wander interview on FT(an outlet for the money people right), first read it as a fan, then understood my mistake and read it as a potential investor. So when he says we have not sufficiently commercialized the product, is he talking about the club or the fans? Consider the fact he says that the fans' intense engagement means that the fans are begging to be monetized.

So then what is this insurance or financial services he speaks of in place of hotdogs and beer to their 'customers'? Insurance is typically when you pay a moderate amount of money in the hope that you get coverage based on the community's efforts (individual direct payments or company investments) to maintain the system in the event of a personal negative event (accident, death, or such). Are fans really going to have such personal events related to the club or is it more conceivable that the personage in question is the club itself? Hence, you sell the owners or potential investors of these clubs insurance to ensure that negative events associated with the club are covered not directly by the investors but by the community effort (i.e. fans first, the club next, and then the investors). This would work only if it is a multi-club model with unique investment partners. So the fast-tracked purchase of the multiple clubs may have been a necessary rather than a sufficient condition.

The fans are essentially there to produce the community effort necessary to not only run our club but also to cover other potential clubs in the event of any negative events (even from mismanagement). In all of this, it begs the question what insurance will these take out (there could be complete nonchalance toward the actual footballing operations)? You win a cup, you get relegated, or you dissolve the club, the portion of the investment is insured. Hertha's previous owner took a stake in the 777 partnership in exchange for the sale.

Is there any positive spin on this model or a possibility of fans(?) having financial services for positive events?

We had some good times under Moshiri, appointing Carlo, signing Rodriguez, building an iconic new stadium. However, relying on the so called football expertise of wrong people, Covid and Putin all sadly took its toll.
Mosh certainly splashed his cash and backed the board, however misguided.

Do 777 actually have any actual money??
I felt genuine excitement when Moshiri took over, can’t say the same this time round unfortunately.
I don’t think 777 ‘have’ any money , but that they represent investors who provide the finances they manage on their behalf ?

You can only go with the information available about 777 and that doesn't add up to a positive.

Most of us are too old to believe in Santa Claus. This lot aren't going to be putting wads of cash into the club.

The best we can hope for is completion of the stadium, avoidance of relegation, and a few years of modestly upward stability before we're sold again to a group with deep pockets.

That would be some achievement for 777. Let's see whom they appoint to the board and key positions but I doubt their competency. I'm not concerned about relegation as it feels we've been staring it in the face forever but it also feels like this is not the move that promises to put a halt to that slide.

My gut reaction to the news yesterday was a mixture of anxiety and resignation. To say I'm trying to look ahead to the next +1 new owner at the club before 777 have even got their feet in the door is just prime Everton these days. What state will we be in then?

If it quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Last edited: