777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t believe this group will pass the fit and proper persons test or that the Government (yes I know) will allow the authorities to waive them through.
If it is true that they have become ‘persons of interest’ to the authorities in the USA that alone should preclude them from owning a football club here.
Add to that the known and reported lawsuits already being directed against them for non payment of debts and other financial chicanery and sharp practises, and their chances of approval should be non existent.

Our situation reminds me of this...........Now the guy's got Paulie as a partner. Any problems, he goes to Paulie. Trouble with the bill? He can go to Paulie. Trouble with the cops, deliveries, Tommy, he can call Paulie. But now the guy's gotta come up with Paulie's money every week, no matter what. Business bad? "F*** you, pay me." Oh, you had a fire? "F*** you, pay me." Place got hit by lightning, huh? "F*** you, pay me." Also, Paulie could do anything. Especially run up bills on the joint's credit. And why not? Nobody's gonna pay for it anyway. And as soon as the deliveries are made in the front door, you move the stuff out the back and sell it at a discount. You take a two hundred dollar case of booze and you sell it for a hundred. It doesn't matter. It's all profit. And then finally, when there's nothing left, when you can't borrow another buck from the bank or buy another case of booze, you bust the joint out. You light a match :dodgy:
Can Paulie have a chat to the ref the night before our games?

The bit that is off to me is they are hoping to conclude the deal by the end of the year, they should still have over half a season and a transfer window on their watch to ensure we don't get relegated. By having a clause in the contract it's just giving them a bit of a win/win situation, that doesn't help the club or the fans! They should have the consequences all on them so they are motivated to do what it takes without any silver linings.

If the calculation for whatever you lose from not being in the premiership, minus the parachute payment, is less or around the same as the relegation discount they get from Moshiri then you can see how we have a conflict of interest. Bear in mind relegation could shed a load of season ticket holders that the club can sell those seats for the full price (doubling the money) and they may be thinking a reset could be partially beneficial. Of course they would have to back themselves to get us back up sharpish but they have history with that.
Good summary, and based on my gut instincts, based on what I've read about 777 I'm against this plan but the Mosh just wants out and done with Everton.

As they already operate with at least x7 other Football clubs across the world how will Everton be prioritised and how will Evertons needs be met?

I've not idea on their operation model, but it could be like a local business model, but fekk I really don't know.

There's a long way to go but may be this time Everton in an operational sense could be just a form of franchise.

Times have changed and I hope Everton don't get taken to the cleaners and don't lose ownership of BMD.

I wondrr if 777, have a naming rights deal for BMD, as part of their takeover plan?

Hope eternal, and beat Arsenal tomorrow.
UTFTs!

Question, do the other clubs this lot own have any decent players they could wangle across to us on loan etc. in January? The sole benefit I can see of belonging to an owner with a stable of clubs is us benefitting from having first shout on their up and coming players and being able to send our kids abroad to their other clubs to develop them?
btw, I know no such thing will happen, but just curious?

So, it's taken a darker turn? They could rent BMD from themselves and saddle Everton FC with the costs? When Everton FC can't keep up with market rent it is then turfed out like what's happened with Coventry city fc?

Let's go again, BMD is a huge success, and suddenly the owners are keen on a few more quid, up steps you know who and it's red seats throughout....

The more things change the more they stay the same?

Jeepers! At this rate we will be looking to ground share with Marine.

If Thaksin Shinawatra can pass it anyone can

I have never heard of anybody failing the fit and proper test,

Maybe it’s happened, others might remember
I think it's basically checking for a pulse and international terrorism watch lists.

£5 in the bank and a shady financial structuring arrangement? Go right ahead, sir!

So, it's taken a darker turn? They could rent BMD from themselves and saddle Everton FC with the costs? When Everton FC can't keep up with market rent it is then turfed out like what's happened with Coventry city fc?

Let's go again, BMD is a huge success, and suddenly the owners are keen on a few more quid, up steps you know who and it's red seats throughout....

The more things change the more they stay the same?

Yknow, the stadium worries me too.

I have a horrible, hopefully groundless, fear that there will be some terrible deal completed which does not favour the club at all. It's a nice shiny asset with quite a few potential revenue streams.

I think it's basically checking for a pulse and international terrorism watch lists.

£5 in the bank and a shady financial structuring arrangement? Go right ahead, sir!
Although it has been widely reported that it has been toughened up and the bar has been raised , some of it under pressure from the Government.
But who knows ?
To my eyes the publicly available information about this group and their performance and practices across all their investments in multiple countries strongly suggests they are unsound.
In fact they seem to lack the degree of financial probity that the upgraded regulatory rules where meant to require as a base entry point into the process of approval.